The Wabbit thread!!!! Anything about rabbits

That's a nice setup.
Thank you very much!
smile.png

The Wabbit Thread reminds me of a sign I saw alongside the road years ago when my husband and I were driving from California to Oregon. It said, "Walt's
Wabbit Wanch, Widdle Wabbit Waisers". I wanted to stop and see about a widdle wabbit, but I wasn't driving and my husband wouldn't stop. He said we didn't need a wabbit, widdle or otherwise. I've always been sorry we didn't stop. If nothing else, I would have loved to have met Walt.
Awww, I always confuse my friends when I say Wabbits. You should have stopped and checked them out. . .even if your husband was driving
lol.png
Wabbits are amazing pets

Hi! I've already posted pictures of my bunnies before in other threads, but I like showing them off.
Anne, steel Dutch doe. This summer, she'll be a first time momma, hoping all goes well
fl.gif
Corrie, steel Dutch doe, soon first time momma, too. Anne's sister, but they hate each other. Does.....
Albrecht, steel Dutch buck, the only one who still likes me.
My favorite, Panda. NZ doe, loves my dog, escape artist.

Everyone needs to show off there rabbits once in awhile. I love Dutches!! They look so cute and can't wait to see Anne's first little.

Just built this rabbit tractor.

Wow! nice! What breed is your rabbit because I know someone who has a rabbit that looks just like that yet we have no clue on what it is. . .

I am new to having a rabbit. I will be getting mine ine about a week. They are 2 weeks old. Now. The dad is silver fox i am not sure the mother. Any tips for a newbie. I have an old chicken coop i am making into the bunny house. And i also bought a cage i can keep it in when it gets to cold or stormy.
Very happy for you! I am curious though about you getting them at 3 weeks old. Usually the kits I know aren't weaned/don't drink milk until 5 to 6 weeks. If you do get them I considered keeping them in the house till a little older just so you can watch them because at that age anything can happen.

No I haven't had any problems so far. They seem to love being on grass. I do keep some on wire while they grow out. If they are happy , full of feed and fresh greens then they won't try to escape.

I am new to having a rabbit. I will be getting mine ine about a week. They are 2 weeks old. Now. The dad is silver fox i am not sure the mother. Any tips for a newbie. I have an old chicken coop i am making into the bunny house. And i also bought a cage i can keep it in when it gets to cold or stormy.
I'm also worried about the 3 week thing. They have barely started eating solid food. While the kit may survive, it may have digestive tract problems later. Wait another 2 or 3 weeks, and your new bunny will be perfectly healthy. Silver foxes are beautiful! Your rabbit will have a very nice coat, regardless of what the mother is. Pick up a book on rabbit raising(Raising Rabbits by Bob Bennett, The Official Guide Book for Raising Better Rabbits and Cavies put out by the American Rabbit Breeders Asc., The New Rabbit Handbook by Lucia Vriends-Parent). There are many other great books on rabbits, but those are a few of my favorites. I would advise against random internet research(don't just google "how to take care of a rabbit"). A couple good websites are http://www.raising-rabbits.com/ and https://www.arba.net/ . Have fun, and good luck!!!

No I haven't had any problems so far. They seem to love being on grass. I do keep some on wire while they grow out. If they are happy , full of feed and fresh greens then they won't try to escape.
Thats good. Just be careful, because even though your rabbit won't get out, that doesn't mean something won't come in.

Back
Top Bottom