The Wabbit thread!!!! Anything about rabbits

Pics

ShellyBear

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
So. . . I already have made plenty of threads asking questions for my rabbit so I though, why not make a rabbit thread for everyone. Post pictured of them, tell stories, and ask questions. Not sure how many rabbit folks are out there but I hope you all can join!

My new REW Neatherland dwarf doe Kitty. 5 years old, and due to have a litter this Easter! We bought her at a show, and the cages that she had she couldn't turn around in so now she's not very used to her new cage. . .but I think she likes it
smile.png

This is Howl, my black Neatherland dwarf buck. The dad of Kitty's litter. We also bough him from the same show.

Athena our polish rescue. She is 6 years old and the owner didn't want her any more. But I love her because sh'es got an attitude like me
lol.png

And this is there home, working on getting to repaint it.

I am new here to BYC. I am mostly interested in bunnies. My mom used to raise them and now, my daughter and I are starting to get into them. I would eventually like to breed them, but it will be a while. Any advice on warming our new bunny up to us would be appreciated. She's around 9 weeks old now. Still pretty anxious but starting to come around. Any advice on nail trimming would be great.

The Wabbit Thread reminds me of a sign I saw alongside the road years ago when my husband and I were driving from California to Oregon. It said, "Walt's
Wabbit Wanch, Widdle Wabbit Waisers". I wanted to stop and see about a widdle wabbit, but I wasn't driving and my husband wouldn't stop. He said we didn't need a wabbit, widdle or otherwise. I've always been sorry we didn't stop. If nothing else, I would have loved to have met Walt.
I just saw this.. its very old, but I grew up right next to Walts Wabbit Wanch .. :) well actually it was long gone when I was a child but its still a landmark for locals.. People still say.. go along hwy 101 and its about a mile from where Walts Wabbit Wanch used to be.. :) cute that there is a post about it!

I am new to having a rabbit. I will be getting mine ine about a week. They are 2 weeks old. Now. The dad is silver fox i am not sure the mother. Any tips for a newbie. I have an old chicken coop i am making into the bunny house. And i also bought a cage i can keep it in when it gets to cold or stormy.

I am new here to BYC. I am mostly interested in bunnies. My mom used to raise them and now, my daughter and I are starting to get into them. I would eventually like to breed them, but it will be a while. Any advice on warming our new bunny up to us would be appreciated. She's around 9 weeks old now. Still pretty anxious but starting to come around. Any advice on nail trimming would be great.

:welcome That sounds like a great project with your Daughter.:D Your post came up just as the BYC Site went down for a week.:barnie I'm sure you'll get some advice on the nail trimming soon. Or, on the sister BackYardHerds Site I believe there are some articles on rabbit care. Good Luck!

And that bunny is adorable!

Last edited:
The Wabbit Thread reminds me of a sign I saw alongside the road years ago when my husband and I were driving from California to Oregon. It said, "Walt's
Wabbit Wanch, Widdle Wabbit Waisers". I wanted to stop and see about a widdle wabbit, but I wasn't driving and my husband wouldn't stop. He said we didn't need a wabbit, widdle or otherwise. I've always been sorry we didn't stop. If nothing else, I would have loved to have met Walt.

Back
Top Bottom