The Welsummer Thread!!!!

So where do Welsummer eggs generally fall on the Marans scale? Anyone know?
maybe a 4
idunno.gif

Quick question for all you Wellie experts out there: My Welsummer is 23 weeks tomorrow and the only one of my 9 pullets not yet laying. When can I expect her to start? Thanks!

I finally got pics of my Welsummers. They are 6 weeks old. Please tell me that they are both girls! I am getting a wee bit concerned about the red on the wattles on the standing one (River Song). Oy.

Rose Tyler (Buff Orpington), Amy Pond (squatting), & River Song.

Oh and the middle one (Amy Pond) has a very strange head/beak. She's not cross beaked. It just like someone took her beak in one hand and her head in the other and twisted them. And she's well...kinda special. :p

Last edited:
I finally got pics of my Welsummers. They are 6 weeks old. Please tell me that they are both girls! I am getting a wee bit concerned about the red on the wattles on the standing one (River Song). Oy.

Rose Tyler (Buff Orpington), Amy Pond (squatting), & River Song.

Oh and the middle one (Amy Pond) has a very strange head/beak. She's not cross beaked. It just like someone took her beak in one hand and her head in the other and twisted them. And she's well...kinda special. :p

While I can't even begin to sex them...I have to tell you I am in LOVE with the names you picked out! I might steal them for my next batch of pullets!! I love the Doctor
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom