The Welsummer Thread!!!!

The whole world MUST hear their egg song!  They are very vocal.

It depends on whether you have hatchery stock or breeder stock.  My breeder birds do not begin laying before 24 weeks, and can range to 30 weeks.  Hatchery birds will begin laying earlier.

This bird is not a welsummer, or at least, not pure.  Can we see the whole chick?
She came from a solid dark brown egg, here's one more pic, I will take better ones tonight.

How vocal are your Wellies? My Wellie Beatrice is the loudest out of the bunch! She makes this noise that's almost like a loud long whine.. Haha
My Wellie lies about it. She sings the egg song and then I go down and check and there's no egg. Then an hour or so later she sings again and finally there's an egg!

I am looking for exhibition quality Welsummers. Can anyone direct me to a breeder that actively shows Welsummers or has a flock that produces exhibition birds ? I actively show poultry and would like to add some quality Welsummers to my show flock. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

The whole world MUST hear their egg song!  They are very vocal.

It depends on whether you have hatchery stock or breeder stock.  My breeder birds do not begin laying before 24 weeks, and can range to 30 weeks.  Hatchery birds will begin laying earlier.

This bird is not a welsummer, or at least, not pure.  Can we see the whole chick?
Here's another pic of the chick I believe to be a welsummer or a mix of one. I may have to post several times because my phone will only allow me to post one pic at a time.

Back
Top Bottom