The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I dunno Kim, but Moose hasn't got all his hackle feathers back in yet either. He lost some on the back of his neck and they haven't filled in yet. His tail feathers all grew back in though.

70957_imag0033.jpg

Ok friends this is my Welsummer rooster that's from the Kummer line. Any and all feedback welcome. I need to know if he's broodstock or not.

Quote:
Oh he is very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wide chest, good color, brick shaped, not Leghorn in features at all. the only fault I can see, as small as the pictures are, that his wattles are a bit large. Other than that, you did good. Tailfeathers got some of his birds too!

Kummer lines are very good, one of the best ones on the West Coast LOL! I got some of his bantams and they are beautiful and a little darker than the Netherland/Amestein lines.

Last edited:
Quote:
Need a better pic of her, she blends in the background too well LOL!

I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow. I was in a hurry today and they didn't want to cooperate.

I'm trying to identify a 3 month old chick, I've posted it in the appropriate forum, but am now adding a link to the thread her because it has been suggested it might be a Welsummer. I'd appreciate it if anyone familiar with Welsummers would take a look and comment.

Thanks.

HI everyone and Merry Christmas.. finally got some time off to "ketch up on the posts" here is our 6 month old boy, the lady we got them from in N Idaho said they were "kummer" stock..? Do not plan on showing, We got them for the great egg color ;-)
whatcha think of our boy? and one of the ladies.. (we got 5).. they are all bout 6 months old
thanks
Denna

3692_wellie_roo_n_hens.jpg

3692_wellies_2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, goreous birds!!!!!!!!!!

The roo is going to be handsome! Give him about a year to fill out and looking good! Good combs. Look at the orangey legs LOL!

Back
Top Bottom