The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I love the speckles on this girls egg!

X2
thumbsup.gif
our girls lay some like this too!

Beautiful egg Kim! I've been getting some like that too...........well, not right now...........she's broody. And she's sticking hard to that nest, being a very good broody so far.

I decided to get a broody breed just for hatching eggs. First, I hope my Orpingtons actually go broody next year. Second, I hope they do a better job of hatching chicks than me.
Have mother nature take its course lke naturespace and happychooks is a wonderful thing to do.....my baby boys would love to see that probably too......how does the flock respond to little chicks like that including daddy roo?! just wondering?

Beautiful egg color!

However speckles add assortment of colors in the carton. As for me, I like solids. One of my Nate Wellie girl lays that kind of speckled eggs.

Have mother nature take its course lke naturespace and happychooks is a wonderful thing to do.....my baby boys would love to see that probably too......how does the flock respond to little chicks like that including daddy roo?! just wondering?

I'll let you know once I know. I would guess it depends on the breed and individuals. I've heard that some people have pens for the mother to raise the chicks within view of the other birds. They can see the new flock members but not hurt them.

I received 15 welsummer eggs from Steve at http://insideyolk.com/, and only ordered 12. They were packed in foam wrap with one end open then bubble wrapped all with large end up and open and placed neatly in styrofoam peanuts. I was well pleased. I just hope some hatch. This is my first try at hatching. I also must add that it is in my first home made incubator.
That makes 2 strikes already against me
smile.png
. Just keeping my fingers crossed. The incubator has been running for the past week holding good tem/humid. I set them 5/23. Now just a waiting game.

I have been a reader here now for awhile and the WCNA . I have gotten some good information from reading all of your post and I just want to thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom