The Wyandotte Thread

Nugget, 15 WK. old

I have a Gold lace chick that is 4 weeks old.
This chick has different feather coloring on her back than other Gold Lace chicks I've raised.
Is this faulty lacing????? Or will it change?

I have a Gold lace chick that is 4 weeks old.
This chick has different feather coloring on her back than other Gold Lace chicks I've raised.
Is this faulty lacing????? Or will it change?

Some line will have more barred feathering-like your pictured bird, when they are juveniles. This will change are they grow out.

Since you ask so nicely
wink.png
I will not deem their quality however here are some of mine:

Hansemann, GLW roo:
Hansemann-1.jpg

Fjalar, Partridge bantam roo:
CIMG0501.jpg

Tuppen, Partridge bantam hen:
CIMG0492.jpg

Pocahontas, GLW hen (sorry the pic is rather small):
poca2.jpg

SLW hen:
Slvrandet.jpg

Sorry for flooding! This is me restraining myself - I have soooo many pictures!!!
Roocrazy - nice white one - is she from white parents or is she a recessive white sport?

WOW WOW WOW! look at the first pic of the GLW roo! I want him!!!

Quote: Thanks!
The red porcelains are 4-5 months old.
The hens that are 5 months old started laying 5 days ago.
Normally I have to wait for my first egg just until the hens are 6-7 months old.
Apparently these red porcelains mature faster than my silver laced/blue laced silver Wyandotte bantams.

Quote: Splash laced silver x silver laced should give you 100% blue laced silvers.
If the Splash is gold/red you will end up with golden/red hens with blue lacing.
If the rooster is just splash you will end up with blue hens and cockerels .
I hope this answers your question.

Quote: With these red porcelains, you can have all the genetic knowledge you want, you also need that little bit of luck.
Therefore I wish you all the luck you need! :)
I am located in Belgium and offer 7 hens and 2 roosters to a breeder who wishes to help with this color.
This is the flock I am talking about.
Some hens are too white, others are messy colored,... but the two roosters are not bad at all. It's just that their brothers are better.

Quote: What's in a name I suppose.
In belgium we refer to this color as "roodporselein". Translated in English it's "red porcelain".
I think jubilee is the same thing.

Celticmoon1, wow you have beautiful birds!! Drool! And yes the first roo, I want one too!!!! So many gorgeous birds n not enough yard!

Another of my 4 GLW's. This one has unique markings on her saddle. I was thinking of getting her a roo for breeding. Does she have what it takes to show? Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:
Mixing breeds is how you get all these pretty colors. It is VERY COMMON. You just have to selectively breed to get them back to the SOP of the breed you want. Crossing Choc Orps into Wyandottes is how Choc Wyandottes came to be and probably most all choc colored birds. The genes have to come from somewhere....... Lavender would be another example.

We don't have Blue laced Silvers in the US YET and we don't have the Jubilee type color yet either. I am sure that will change SOON!

Last edited:
Sorry so dark, got home late after softball game & the ladies NEEDED OUT, but here is Ziggy on her 3 week Birthday. She is a Columbian Wyondotte from mypetchicken, and the cuddliest of our mixed chicks. She's also the only one who hasn't grown a 'big girl tail' yet. She let our daughter's autistic friend hold her for over a half an hour & just soaked up all the love that little girl could give. I adore Ziggy!

Back
Top Bottom