The Wyandotte Thread

Cash rocked it out at the fair yesterday, he got 3 reserve champions and premier showman
celebrate.gif
Unfortunately our BLRW only got 4th because she had her webbing punched
hit.gif
Our SWL got reserve champion market pen.

My little Columbian Wyandotte, Ziggy, is 4 weeks old now. She is super cuddly & sweet, healthy & active. But she is SUCH a whiner! She peeps so loudly about anything & everything. I have her with 3 Polish & 1 Cochin. She is not stressed or picked on. Is this a typical Wyandotte chick trait? I love her, even though she's the loudest
hugs.gif

I am getting some silver and gold laced wyandotte chicks on August 5th, do y'all have any tips? These are my first chickens, other than some chicks I raised for a friend.

My little Columbian Wyandotte, Ziggy, is 4 weeks old now. She is super cuddly & sweet, healthy & active. But she is SUCH a whiner! She peeps so loudly about anything & everything. I have her with 3 Polish & 1 Cochin. She is not stressed or picked on. Is this a typical Wyandotte chick trait? I love her, even though she's the loudest
hugs.gif
I think it may just be her personality. My Dottes are rather quiet, my partridge rock is my noisy chicken, always talking. She would complain about everything as a chick.

I am getting some silver and gold laced wyandotte chicks on August 5th, do y'all have any tips? These are my first chickens, other than some chicks I raised for a friend.
where are they coming from? How old will they be when you get them? How many are coming, & what sized brooder do you have for them?

Ok, here are couple of more pics at Day 11 (today).

In this picture chick#2 from left and the farthest to the right with its head down have similar head pattern and similar lacing.

whereas this chick in the middle with the V-Shaped head pattern has a different type of lacing. I am not even sure if its lacing. So something is definitely different or off here.

Will post more pictures on Day 14.
These chicks are now 33 days old and have been adopted by a fellow chicken owner. Here are some pics, if you would be kind enough to comment on type and sex of the chicken, I would appreciate it.

In the picture above, the chick in the front with salmon breast is one of those that did not look like the BLRWs, The stance looks like a cockerel to me? What do you think?

Here is a closer look at the same chick in the pic above and below

Here are some pics of the Splash chicks above and below, any one stands out as a cockerel vs pullet?

In this pic above, there is another non BLRW chick with Salmon breast, does it look like a pullet?

Splash chicks again

The 2 darker BLRW chicks in the pic above, still too early to sex or any signs?

Thanks in advance for all your comments!

Back
Top Bottom