The Wyandotte Thread

Thanks! If he is the only one i dont mind. We may keep him, if he stays friendly. Hopefully no other boys pop up tho, then i will have to choose one and that would be hard. They are all so friendly!
Yeah, I ended up with 3 :he and nobody want the extra two, so we might be having chicken noodle soup and dumplings soon...But it will break my heart at the same time.

I think it's great that you are so enthusiastic about the columbia variety in large fowl Wyandotte. In Europe, large fowl isn't that popular and I never saw a LF columbian Wyandotte so far on exhibitions. Is leg color a thing to improve or is the yellow just fading away when it comes to older birds? One of the younger pullets is showing white legs as well, I believe. Would love to see your breeding flocks for 2017. Great birds!

The pullets underneath are F2 birds for my project "blue jubilee". The rooster is turning five years old.

Your chickens are so beautiful. I'd love to get some from you when I move to Ireland in 2 years! I think it is pretty easy to import chickens from another EU country, right?

I live in western Gaston County about about an 45 mins west of Charlotte NC. Does anyone have show quality large fowl black Wyandottes? I'd like to have at a nice rooster and maybe even a trio if the price isn't too bad. Local would be great to avoid shipping, but I'll do what I have to. Thanks

Your chickens are so beautiful. I'd love to get some from you when I move to Ireland in 2 years! I think it is pretty easy to import chickens from another EU country, right?

I am happy to share! It should be possible, although I never shipped to Ireland. I never shipped birds either, only eggs. But we can figure something out.
wink.png

Quote: Thank you. Yellow legs is the preferred color for legs and is something I've been working to improve. By using a White Wyandotte with great type and bright butter yellow legs over a pen of Columbian, I have been more pleased with the leg color in his chicks. Also used a Columbian over two lovely White hens .The saved pullets from those breedings will be bred to the best yellow legged Columbian cock for spring chicks.
A few of the older birds have had some fading in their legs. The soles of their tows is still yellow.

I was not happy with the coloration of my SLW legs. They are almost white, and even before they started laying, they were still practically white.

Back
Top Bottom