The Wyandotte Thread

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a mixed lot of wyandotte chicks due to hatch tomorrow. there are blue laced red, silver laced, golden laced and blue/black as well. I figure the blue/blacks will be easy enough to pick out, but does anyone have day old pics(or there abouts) of the other 3? Also will a black phase of the blue laced red look like a normal golden laced?
Thanks
Sib

blue-laced reds
da047363.jpg

silver laced (plus a couple of orps)
100_0780.jpg

Are you asking how the black phase will look as a chick or an adult?

i was thinking about going with a columbian wyandotte male.. i wonder how silver laced and columbian would look like????? lol too many decisions lol... I got time though to make up my mind
big_smile.png
.. I like the blues though ..

Quote:
I was asking how they would look as chicks. trying to be able to sort the chicks when they hatch and know theres a possibility that there is black laced reds and blue laced reds

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the columbian gene is part of the Lacing gene combo. I believe you need the pattern gene, columbian, and melanotic to get laced, but I might be wrong. That would make chicks with bad lacing.

Here is a pic of my BLRW chicks. Black, splash and blue! The black blrw don't seem th have as much black down as GLW chicks in my experience
48894_001-001_014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom