The Wyandotte Thread

I am getting some Wyandotte from the Foleys..... YEAH! BLRW for sure and maybe some SLW or a roo.
fl.gif

ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

As much as I would love to sell you Orpington eggs, please consider Large Fowl Buff Wyandottes. And not hatchery types. Good breeders of Buff Wyandotte LF are very rare.

From http://www.wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/standardwyandottes.htm

Buff Wyandotte
Buff Wyandottes made their first appearance in 1891. These were light colored Rhode Island Reds, but they were lacking in type and off in color, they laid the foundation of a Buff Wyandotte that would be such in breed, type, and color. Golden and White, Wyandotte crosses, and Buff Cochin -- White and Golden Wyandotte crosses dominated in other strains. The Buff variety was admitted to the standard in 1893. The Buff Wyandottes are a shade of rich golden buff.
buffcock.jpg
buffhen2.jpg
Or maybe some of both.
wink.png
Need to talk with the hubby. Those birds are very nice!

Quote: I have some chicks.... no hens yet. 2 pullets about 4-5 months and 2 roos. The roos look totally different than each other. There are things about both I don't like so looking to get a roo of really good type to maybe fix what I don't like in my roos. I have some from Paul's poultry lines and Foley's. They are looking good so far, but would like to breed the best I can.

I almost bought some so-so birds and thought you know, you might want to just put some more money with it and get the best you can..... and the Foley's are close enough that I can do that.

The started pair I am getting have already passed several culls, I guess there number was up when I emailed him LOL.....
lau.gif
His culls are still good birds. I don't show so they will be great.

The pair is actually a Black Laced Red roo and a Splash Laced Pullet so I will get 100% blues and I can hatch and cull till my heart is content. I have a few chicks growing up too so they may eventually make it in with my Foley roos too. I can't wait to see them and bring them home
ya.gif

Was going through my camera card tonight and found this one of my boy, Rodger. Not sure if i posted it before but i thought it was worth sharing, I've been meaning to get some new ones of him, it seems like his tail has filled out a little more in the last few months... Still wish it was fuller though.

I have some chicks.... no hens yet.  2 pullets about 4-5 months and 2 roos.  The roos look totally different than each other.  There are things about both I don't like so looking to get a roo of really good type to maybe fix what I don't like in my roos.  I have some from Paul's poultry lines and Foley's.  They are looking good so far, but would like to breed the best I can. 

I didn't remember reading where you had SLW's, so I was curious if you were involved with a project. I hope he's just what you need.

Back
Top Bottom