The Wyandotte Thread

Here are a few of my pullets growing out. They are looking nice to me but I would like to ask my fellow wyandotte faciers. I think at least 3 have good type so far, nice heads (no crow face), and there lacing is pretty good and getting better as they has age. Any input is more than welcomed! :) Don't mind the goose he thinks he's a wyandotte as well ;)!

CUTE!!!
Thought some may want to see our latest Buff Wyandotte Bantams.Here are some of our juveniles that are available. Currently we have 2 pairs. We also have a single comb cockerel with very yellow shanks. It would be useful to improve fertility. (see the link in our signature).

Here is a little bit about our line of Buff Wyandotte Bantams and photos of our breeders. (Below).

Our Buff Wyandotte Bantams originated from Parent Stock acquired from some of the top breeders. Our Buff Wyandotte Bantams are true to breed and type. Our Buff Wyandotte Bantams are most gentle. We breed only from birds that meet the American Standard of Perfection. We have placed Best and Reserve Variety at every show we have shown at, including the 2010 APA National.
Jim has been an Endowment Trust Lifetime member of the American Poultry Association since 1991. These Buff Wyandotte Bantams are the finest quality we have ever owned.
We placed 2nd male with our Buff Wyandottes at Crossroads Joint National.
Lou Horton confirmed that our line is from his line. We also have some of the Anderson line.
We have now added a male from the Tom Boebuck line.

$(KGrHqF,!nUE8VHENsu4BPikP!VB0g~~60_57.JPG

295491_4078572450359_734045837_n.jpg

Hey Just thought I'd post pics of my beautiful SLW. She's probably not SQ, haven't checked with SOP, but she is still pretty, She's about 2 years old and molting a little bit in these pics

Mid-Stretch:

One Last Pic:

Do you think we could show her ever?

Thought some may want to see our latest Buff Wyandotte Bantams.Here are some of our juveniles that are available. Currently we have 2 pairs. We also have a single comb cockerel with very yellow shanks. It would be useful to improve fertility. (see the link in our signature).

295491_4078572450359_734045837_n.jpg

Beautiful! Can I ask if the chickens back then on the other side of the fence are the same kind, but large fowl?

Here are a few of my pullets growing out. They are looking nice to me but I would like to ask my fellow wyandotte faciers. I think at least 3 have good type so far, nice heads (no crow face), and there lacing is pretty good and getting better as they has age. Any input is more than welcomed! :) Don't mind the goose he thinks he's a wyandotte as well ;)!
lau.gif
I love the goose! haha I didn't catch these on Facebook. Your chickens are looking great!!

The ones in the background are Large Fowl Buff Orpingtons. Here is one of them with my son. My daughter is holding a Buff Orpington Bantam. We are considering adding some large Buff Wyandottes this fall.

900x900px-LL-26f3c2d7_47716_nicole_and_jacob.jpeg
Oh how beautiful!
love.gif
th.gif
My husband and I have been wanting to get some LF Buff Orps! Once I get an incubator I will have to hit you up for eggs.
thumbsup.gif

As much as I would love to sell you Orpington eggs, please consider Large Fowl Buff Wyandottes. And not hatchery types. Good breeders of Buff Wyandotte LF are very rare.

From http://www.wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/standardwyandottes.htm

Buff Wyandotte
Buff Wyandottes made their first appearance in 1891. These were light colored Rhode Island Reds, but they were lacking in type and off in color, they laid the foundation of a Buff Wyandotte that would be such in breed, type, and color. Golden and White, Wyandotte crosses, and Buff Cochin -- White and Golden Wyandotte crosses dominated in other strains. The Buff variety was admitted to the standard in 1893. The Buff Wyandottes are a shade of rich golden buff.
buffcock.jpg
buffhen2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom