The Wyandotte Thread

Could someone let me know if the Wyandotte Standard is Yellow legs?
I've gotten yes and no's, and the quote I find was "Legs set well apart and straight when viewed from front." But it did not state anything about color, help?
Thank you!

yes, it is definitely yellow legs
Ah, thank you!
Is there any way you could help me find a link for the color description my blue wyandottes should be?
Their legs have verrrry faint yellow in them.
I have been searching everywhere to find the color description. (I have only known there was a seperate one for about 5 minutes, but all the searches i've made only showed up for blue laced red wyandotes.)
Thanks~

Ah, thank you!
Is there any way you could help me find a link for the color description my blue wyandottes should be?
Their legs have verrrry faint yellow in them.
I have been searching everywhere to find the color description. (I have only known there was a seperate one for about 5 minutes, but all the searches i've made only showed up for blue laced red wyandotes.)
Thanks~
do you mean for their body color or for their leg color?

On the Wyandotte breeders of America club, they have a copy of the general wyandotte standard as well as other helpful info. The specific standard for blue coloring is listed at the beginning of the standard under the general standard info in the first 30 some pages of the SOP as it will be cover all breeds that have a blue variety. I would recommend if you are wanting to get into showing and breeding your birds to the standard, that buying a copy of the standard is very well worth it. They only print it once every 10 years or so, so its well worth the price.

standard_2010.jpg
The New 2010 Standard of Perfection

Regular 2010 Edition Price $59.00

http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/APA_ShoppingMall3.htm

WBAHeader.jpg

http://www.wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/

Last edited:
I was told it was a Welsummer, now I find out it's a Wyandotte! It has yellow legs.It is about 3 months old. It might be mixed with Welsummer as well. It has I think a hen tail but what do you think it could be, pullet or roo? It looks in the pic, it's tail is down but normally it holds it upright.

do you mean for their body color or for their leg color?

On the Wyandotte breeders of America club, they have a copy of the general wyandotte standard as well as other helpful info. The specific standard for blue coloring is listed at the beginning of the standard under the general standard info in the first 30 some pages of the SOP as it will be cover all breeds that have a blue variety. I would recommend if you are wanting to get into showing and breeding your birds to the standard, that buying a copy of the standard is very well worth it. They only print it once every 10 years or so, so its well worth the price.
Ah, we will purchase the book soon, but it won't deliver in time for fair sadly. thank you!

Back
Top Bottom