The Wyandotte Thread

I seem to have dwarfed wyandottes? The ones pictures below are seven months old and are next to a bantam cochin. I know I ordered LF GL wyandottes. Is this just really bad hatchery stock?

I seem to have dwarfed wyandottes? The ones pictures below are seven months old and are next to a bantam cochin. I know I ordered LF GL wyandottes. Is this just really bad hatchery stock?

They still have some growing to do it looks like. They are not bantam. My bantam wyandottes are smaller like the size of that silkie... grown.

Is it normal for them to be so small at seven months old? I thought wyandottes started laying around 7-8 months, but mine still look like 3 month olds. Is this a nutritional problem?

Is it normal for them to be so small at seven months old? I thought wyandottes started laying around 7-8 months, but mine still look like 3 month olds. Is this a nutritional problem?
What are you feeding them?

We have some SLW from a hatchery for making sex links. They are smaller than our BLRW. How much does a bantam Cochin weigh? I would guess the hatchery SLW are around 5lb.

I never cut the spurs off my boys. I have one with three inch long spurs. No harm the the hens or anyone. I even have a rooster that sits and uses his to rock on like a rocking chair. It is like an old man sitting on his porch watching the lawn grow lol.

Back
Top Bottom