THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

Yes, I'm very glad they all arrived safe. :) tbh I can't identify all of the breeds, as I don't know what all of the breeds I got look like as chicks but I could google them and see which chick is which breed. I can identify a couple, but I'll try to identify them all now. Btw I just want to thank everyone who was on the thread, especially SMonroe. Thanks :)

you are very welcome. Thank you for showing pictures of your chicks and for joining us in conversation. I hope between google and them feathering out you can figure out which chick is which. I don't know about anyone else, but I like that I can tell all of my chickens apart, not that I name them, but it's still nice to be able to tell which one is which. I was so happy when all of my EEs feathered out different colors. Does anyone here have a favorite breed of chicken? If so which is it?

I personally don't have a favorite breed, I just like when the chicken is friendly. Anyone have any experience with rode island reds, rode island whites, or New Hampshire red? I want to know what people have heard about the temperament of these breeds and which is friendlier. Thanks :)

There's a thing on here where you can read what owners of that breed are saying. Everything I've read online has shown that they can be nasty but I don't know, never had any of those breeds and because of what I've heard regarding the temperament I'm not sure if I will ever choose one of them. Let me know what you find out though. If it turns out that they aren't that bad I may have to change my mind. I personally think I have fallen in love with Brahmas and the EEs. I think I will always have a mixed flock though, unless I plan on breeding.

I'm not sure of a favorite breed yet, but my EE has the most personality. I think my Meyer meal maker is a RIR. Hopefully she is a nice one! lol My tiny Australorp is still hanging in there.

Suck cute new babies! I could have babies all of the time too.

Don't worry, not every Rhode Island Red is mean.
smile.png
From what I've heard from some chicken-keeping friends (I don't have any RIR's), they are very good layers and aren't exactly mean, just not always eager to be held and petted. They are supposed to be good foragers and smart, too. Plus I think that they're pretty, but for our first flock we went with the "safe breeds" that everyone said were pretty much always friendly.

I can't believe my little ones are going to be 3 weeks this upcoming Monday. They just grow way to fast. If only there was a breed of chicken that stayed a chick all the time, it would solve everyone's problem of not being able to resist the cute little chicks at the feed stores. Maybe we should get someone to work on that for us.

My favs are Black sex links! They are the friendliest at the moment with my EE chicks coming close behind her.......I also love my Brown sex link, Australorp and Silkie.
roll.png

Lol a forever chick breed, that's a good idea. Chicks are doing good, I've been handling them all once or twice a day individually until they fall asleep in my hands :). Some fall asleep faster than others. SMonroe, any pics of the almost 3 week chicks? I would love to see any if possible. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom