Things you never thought you'd say/hear

GrannyHeeney

Songster
Apr 18, 2018
Upstate SC
There NEEDS to be a thread like this :gig The best ones involving chickens usually have to do with poo, such as, "Don't poop in my hair, I have to go to the store," or "Who keeps pooping next to my car door?" There's plenty from other situations though, such as, "Do you know how hard it is to do dishes with a chicken in one hand?" or "Put the alligator down and get back to work." (The latter was a captioned photo I saw in the Picayune while visiting New Orleans)

Things that were misheard can be pretty funny (Hubby and I are both half deaf, so we get a LOT of these). Here's a couple, with the actual statement:
"I'm going to Chernobyl now." ("I'm going to turn over now.")
"I need to dig up ancient rocks." ("I need to do a batch of socks.")
The Chernobyl one became a family catch-phrase for when you heard something you KNEW had not been said....but then you have to repeat what you heard so everyone else can giggle, too.

So, heard anything lately that made you stop and shake your head? :D

I had just adopted my cat, and she loved to go on car rides for some reason. She would lay in the back glass of the Cavalier or get in the passenger seat. I took her through the Hardees drive-thru one morning years ago. The lady came to take my money at the window, saw my cat in the front seat, then ran away screeching before even getting payment.

A different lady came to the window to finish the order, and I kid you not, the woman said that the other ran off because....
"She's pregnant. The cat will kill her and drink her milk."

I had just adopted my cat, and she loved to go on car rides for some reason. She would lay in the back glass of the Cavalier or get in the passenger seat. I took her through the Hardees drive-thru one morning years ago. The lady came to take my money at the window, saw my cat in the front seat, then ran away screeching before even getting payment.

A different lady came to the window to finish the order, and I kid you not, the woman said that the other ran off because....
"She's pregnant. The cat will kill her and drink her milk."
What?!?!? :th

Back
Top Bottom