Things you wish you could say

Be careful with this one. While technically correct it's not telling the whole story. No major US foods brand is doing this. All the players are bespoke small companies who are currently flying under the radar as "health food" to avoid FDA scrutiny. Due to the risk of allergic reaction (similar to shellfsh allergies) adoption is going to be very slow (or nonexistent) in the states outside of niche consumers. Also because of the allergen risk, foods will have to be very clearly labeled and follow FDA regs. A lot of the "fact checker" websites are "actively researching" this right now so hard data is scarce (evern the FDA website has basically nothing). Having said that, IMO it's another reason to take this with a very heavy grain of salt. If your Oreos have crickets in them, you're gonna know.
That’s good to know. Phew. Thanks! Lol

*Slight* rant incoming, directed to those lovely people who are in charge of hiring new workers. Yes, you. 😊

Please don’t say a job is entry level and then put in the description that you need a bachelors degree with at least five years of experience in a related field, preferably at YOUR company, and maybe a two-year internship on top of that. 😊 Thanks.

Oh and also, if you call me in for an interview, you’d better not have me in there for five minutes after I spent the whole morning agonizing over what exactly to say for all the hypothetical questions and dressing up nice and fancy for you. I should’ve dang well left the chicken poop on my shoe!

I know you’re not going to hire me because I don’t have any experience and you’d rather have it all picture-perfect with a ready made employee rather than one you have to train. No thank you! So why did I bother taking time out of my day to come kiss up to some people who will never even give me a second glance? Yeah, I don’t even know anymore.

*Slight* rant incoming, directed to those lovely people who are in charge of hiring new workers. Yes, you. 😊

Please don’t say a job is entry level and then put in the description that you need a bachelors degree with at least five years of experience in a related field, preferably at YOUR company, and maybe a two-year internship on top of that. 😊 Thanks.

Oh and also, if you call me in for an interview, you’d better not have me in there for five minutes after I spent the whole morning agonizing over what exactly to say for all the hypothetical questions and dressing up nice and fancy for you. I should’ve dang well left the chicken poop on my shoe!

I know you’re not going to hire me because I don’t have any experience and you’d rather have it all picture-perfect with a ready made employee rather than one you have to train. No thank you! So why did I bother taking time out of my day to come kiss up to some people who will never even give me a second glance? Yeah, I don’t even know anymore.
You will find out that some places "have" to post a job for so many days, and even interview so many applicates, even though they have already decided who they are going to hire. That is pretty much what I have done on every hire I have ever made. But, I will say that I keep an open mind, and actually interview the applicates (if qualified), for potential future candidates. And, realistically, they could still get the job if they are a better fit than who I plan on hiring. But, I can't remember it ever working out that way.

Also, a job can still be an entry level job with a degree. If you have no real world experience, then that is entry level.

And, it is still pretty true, at least a lot of times, that you get a certain job because you know someone way before you get one simply because you are qualified. There are always people with the education and/or experience, so knowing someone usually pushes it on through. Always try to make, and keep connections. Never, ever burn bridges, and it will help you in the years to come.

I still feel for you. Hang in there and it will happen.

Oh geez! I'm sorry about that😕

Back
Top Bottom