Thoughts about this Chicken Coop made by Urban Coop Company?

griffin18

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 10, 2016
Hello! I have 3 hens and I was looking at this chicken coop to buy. (link below)
https://urbancoopcompany.com/product/round-top-mobile-chicken-coop/#coop

What are your thoughts of the chicken coop? I also have 1 issue. I have an automatic door by Chicken Guard on my old chicken coop. It is a string attached to a door and moves the string up and down. However, I can't find any place to put the automatic string on this new coop (in the link). It seems as thought all the doors open like human doors. Is there anyway I can change the format of the door so that it has a plate of steel that slides up and down? is that possible? I would have to modify the door? Any thoughts?
thanks

Looks like a typical prefab coop with one exception it has good ventilation. Nest box same height as the roost so chickens will sleep and poop in the nest box. They do say 2-4 chickens which might be true. I don't like it when places like that don't tell the price and only say "Starting at $479" and the order button goes to a phone number.

Is your old coop just worn out?

If you add your location to your profile you can get better answers as the reply would be different from Nome to Miami.

JT

I have a prefab by the same company. The way these smaller units are built, there is no good way to put an auto door without doing modifications, as the existing doors are simply hinged panels and if you were to cover that with a pop door, it doesn't look like there's any other human access to the inside.

Possibly you could cut an opening on the opposite side (the solid wall) and install it there? You could also contact the company and ask if they have any suggestions. Their customer service is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom