Thread for my new ducklings

Good memory TheTwoRoos! Everyone is fine. You were right that it was a pecking order issue. After about two weeks the younger male won the top drake spot. He is a much kinder leader and so there is usually peace. Your hen is very pretty, by the way! PearlThe Duck, your ducklings are beautiful! I miss having ducklings so I am going to have to live vicariously (dh only agreed to three ducks and I have five and like my marriage). So, keep the pictures coming! :) It will be interesting to see if the Peking ends up a drake and the khakis hens.
Thanks! Your ducks are gorgeous! Yes, It would be interesting! What makes you think the Pekin might be a Drake? I've actually thought it is a drake because it's so friendly! But we'll have to wait and see :)

Good memory TheTwoRoos! Everyone is fine. You were right that it was a pecking order issue. After about two weeks the younger male won the top drake spot. He is a much kinder leader and so there is usually peace. Your hen is very pretty, by the way! PearlThe Duck, your ducklings are beautiful! I miss having ducklings so I am going to have to live vicariously (dh only agreed to three ducks and I have five and like my marriage). So, keep the pictures coming! :) It will be interesting to see if the Peking ends up a drake and the khakis hens. [/quote nice flock too

Thanks!
Your ducks are gorgeous!

Yes, It would be interesting! What makes you think the Pekin might be a Drake? I've actually thought it is a drake because it's so friendly! But we'll have to wait and see :)

Drakes are mire friendly it seems.By 3 ir 4 months you may be able tell.I remmebr one of my pekin drakes at about 3 1/2 minths would chase me to get hia girl.He would also call to her.

I had two more khakis but the drake git killed a long time ago and the other female got killed by an unknown predator,but that was just back in decmeber i think.The drakes are ok too,mine could fly.

Good memory TheTwoRoos! Everyone is fine. You were right that it was a pecking order issue. After about two weeks the younger male won the top drake spot. He is a much kinder leader and so there is usually peace.
Your hen is very pretty, by the way!

PearlThe Duck, your ducklings are beautiful! I miss having ducklings so I am going to have to live vicariously (dh only agreed to three ducks and I have five and like my marriage). So, keep the pictures coming!
smile.png
It will be interesting to see if the Peking ends up a drake and the khakis hens.

I spelled picture wrong in the ovation lol...
hide.gif
Picture not picure

Drakes are mire friendly it seems.By 3 ir 4 months you may be able tell.I remmebr one of my pekin drakes at about 3 1/2 minths would chase me to get hia girl.He would also call to her.

Thanks!
Your ducks are gorgeous!

Yes, It would be interesting! What makes you think the Pekin might be a Drake? I've actually thought it is a drake because it's so friendly! But we'll have to wait and see
smile.png
Thank you!
Like you both said, I thought he might be a drake because he is so friendly. Both my drakes were my favorites when they were little because they were so nice. Now that they are 6 months and 1 year old, I think my girls are a little sweeter than them.

Thank you!
Like you both said, I thought he might be a drake because he is so friendly.  Both my drakes were my favorites when they were little because they were so nice.  Now that they are 6 months and 1 year old, I think my girls are a little sweeter than them.  

Hmm.. well we will have to wait and see! :)

here in Texas it's going to get up to 100 F tommarow IN FEBRUARY, it's supposed to be winter! But then again, I don't like the cold anyway

Hmm.. well we will have to wait and see!
smile.png

here in Texas it's going to get up to 100 F tommarow IN FEBRUARY, it's supposed to be winter! But then again, I don't like the cold anyway
Wow 100 already you all are as hardy a folk as those living in frigid temps.

How is your lil Pekin doing today? do you give them vits in their drinking water? I know some don't but I have always given Poultry Nutri Drench in their drinking water daily for the first week then every other day for 2 weeks then taper off to 1X a week. Just my way of helping them get as good a start as possible.

I gave my children multi vits daily too
roll.png

Last edited:
Wow 100 already you all are as hardy a folk as those living in frigid temps.

How is your lil Pekin doing today? do you give them vits in their drinking water? I know some don't but I have always given Poultry Nutri Drench in their drinking water daily for the first week then every other day for 2 weeks then taper off to 1X a week. Just my way of helping them get as good a start as possible.

I gave my children multi vits daily too :rolleyes:

Pekin is doing great, they are all very active today, playing in their water and running around.

I have never given Nutri Drench to any of the birds I've had, but I will definitely consider it.

Back
Top Bottom