Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

So exciting looking forward to seeing the littles once they hatch.
pop.gif

Lol very exciting! I have two eggs in the bator now and its day 9 for them and I candled them today and saw lots of movment I have a long way to go yet but its so cool watching them move around!

Checked in on the eggs just now. Lots of movement from both eggs, and peeping coming from at least one. Both have cracks about 25%around. My 5 year old daughter has permanently parked herself next to the bator. Every couple of minutes j hear, "mommy, it's moving again!" I think we're in for another long night, how am I going to get her to sleep now?!!?

Checked in on the eggs just now. Lots of movement from both eggs, and peeping coming from at least one. Both have cracks about 25%around. My 5 year old daughter has permanently parked herself next to the bator. Every couple of minutes j hear, "mommy, it's moving again!" I think we're in for another long night, how am I going to get her to sleep now?!!?

Lol I no I stayed up once till 4 I'm the morning just to watch all 7 ducklings hatch!

Not much else happening still. Going on 24hrs since first internal pip. Trying not to loose too much hair over this, I'm a wreck! I especially don't wan try my kids to be disappointed if they don't work. Hoping for the best!

Don't stress, sounds good to me. Internal pip can be days ahead (usually one or two for me.. I've only hatched a few times but had wonderful luck, others with WAY more exp may add to that one..), but you're already zipping so It sounds like they are plenty active and strong. Time FREEZES when you're the one waiting on babies, it's as bad as waiting on human babies!

Last edited:
How did you do with humidity- what method did you end up using? Just remember how quickly they can dry out with too much fussing..

Thanks for the encouragement! I put a soaking wet rag in the incubator and I am running the shower in my bathroom periodically to keep it nice and moist in there. I'm planning on pulling a semi_all nighter and check on the babies every 2hr through the night. They are making soooo much noise right now. I feel like they might just bust open at any moment! I don't wan to miss their hatching at all. I'm so thankful to be a work at home mom, I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow and my kiddos Will just have to watch some christmas movies while I veg on the couch all day tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom