Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I kind of want to homeschool my oldest. I am afraid with her sisters being so much younger and a pain in my butt right now though that I won't have the time to work with her. I also am not a teacher, and don't take what they do lightly. Evie's very smart, she's supposed to be tested to be put in sage this semester. They wanted to last semester, but I asked them to wait a few more months because she is so shy I wanted her to have a few more months to settle in. Which is another reason I like her being in public school and around everyone else. The minute I hear anything from her about being bullied or anything like that I won't hesitate to pull her and start homeschool though. I had a miserable time, ended up dropping out because if it. I did get my ged and most of my credits for an associates later. They also seem to get a bit lost in the public school system, unless they are a troublemaker , teacher's pet, or loudmouth. She's so quiet I'm afraid she's going to end up lost without anyone pushing for her.

Julie, African goose eggs? How cool! I acquired a pair of african/toulouse geese with my property that I enjoy very much. I have been reading up on how hard it is to hatch goose eggs. There is an ad on ebay for 4 african eggs that I keep looking at......

Try posting a wanted ad for them on craigslist. Shipping is very hard on goose eggs. They are so big even with careful handling the air sacks don't make it. These are the only 2 out of 5 I have that have developed. If you can't find anything local go for the ebay ones (that's where I got mine) but I'd try local first. I haven't done anything different with my goose than duck eggs really, other than misting them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-African-g...821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ccd0b715
These are the ebay eggs I got that are actually growing.
smile.png

Last edited:
Julie, African goose eggs? How cool! I acquired a pair of african/toulouse geese with my property that I enjoy very much. I have been reading up on how hard it is to hatch goose eggs. There is an ad on ebay for 4 african eggs that I keep looking at......

I'm looking at Sebbies... but I'm scared. Those puppies are too expensive to try to "learn" on!

I kind of want to homeschool my oldest. I am afraid with her sisters being so much younger and a pain in my butt right now though that I won't have the time to work with her. I also am not a teacher, and don't take what they do lightly. Evie's very smart, she's supposed to be tested to be put in sage this semester. They wanted to last semester, but I asked them to wait a few more months because she is so shy I wanted her to have a few more months to settle in. Which is another reason I like her being in public school and around everyone else. The minute I hear anything from her about being bullied or anything like that I won't hesitate to pull her and start homeschool though. I had a miserable time, ended up dropping out because if it. I did get my ged and most of my credits for an associates later. They also seem to get a bit lost in the public school system, unless they are a troublemaker , teacher's pet, or loudmouth. She's so quiet I'm afraid she's going to end up lost without anyone pushing for her.
Yes to all of the above. Especially the 2 younger children being a pain in the butt. And the part about trouble makers getting all the attention.

I just heard from my Apple seller and he tells me his flock was obtained through Holderreads and a private breeder in upstate New York.

Then I got confirmation that they've shipped. :)

My chocs are somewhere in Buckley, Washington. They should get here tmw. I thought it would be today. :(

Julie, That is the same ebay seller I am itching to buy eggs from!! I do not know why, but geese are especially hard to find locally and hatching eggs are impossible. I have been debating on ordering goslings from a hatchery, but they are not available for at least another couple of months.

QJ, I agree! 3 sebbie eggs run upwards of $100. But the african eggs are only $30....

Julie, That is the same ebay seller I am itching to buy eggs from!! I do not know why, but geese are especially hard to find locally and hatching eggs are impossible. I have been debating on ordering goslings from a hatchery, but they are not available for at least another couple of months.

QJ, I agree! 3 sebbie eggs run upwards of $100. But the african eggs are only $30....

I am happy with my eggs from them. I put in a really low bid and forgot, ended up getting them for like 20. Since they're shipped, I think 2 out of 4 developing are pretty awesome. Go for it, our geese'll be brothers/sisters, lol.
ETA- I just chcecked ideals website and they have africans available now. It is more fun to hatch your own though.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom