Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I don't care where you live EVERYONE should have at least a small one.... I have one I bought from Harbor Frieght, it is small, I can carry it around easily, runs on two stroke, isn't that loud, we take it camping in our campervan, and bought it for $99.95 on sale.
http://www.harborfreight.com/engine...s-900-max-watts-portable-generator-66619.html
It runs my Bator, a microwave, Fridge etc. Worth the investment!!!

Glad you have a back up for your eggs. Being in the city, our power gets turned back on within a few hours usually. Hubby has been keeping his eye out for a generator, just in case though.

I remember when SEATTLE was without power for a whole day, and they thought the same thing why isn't my power on....It usually only takes a hour or two... THEY were freaking out
lau.gif
. PLEASE get one, it is always better to be prepared. We never thought we would flood either, & be without power for 3 weeks. Mother Nature is an amazing thing. Having even a small $100 generator is WORTH every penny.

Glad you have a back up for your eggs. Being in the city, our power gets turned back on within a few hours usually. Hubby has been keeping his eye out for a generator, just in case though.

I remember when SEATTLE was without power for a whole day, and they thought the same thing why isn't my power on....It usually only takes a hour or two... THEY were freaking out
lau.gif
. PLEASE get one, it is always better to be prepared. We never thought we would flood either, & be without power for 3 weeks. Mother Nature is an amazing thing. Having even a small $100 generator is WORTH every penny.

A few years ago we had no power for a few weeks after a really bad ice storm. We have 2 big kerosene heaters, bunches of lanterns, and charged everything else in the cars with a invertor thing you plug into your car. A generator would be nice though, and hubby's been keeping his eye out. He gets a lot of things like that from his work, and his boss has been looking out for one for him.

Oh my. That's dedication for ya right there. I hope they get it turned on quickly! How awful! I bet the kids are loving it though.

WOW 125 posts since I was last on.... STILL no power
barnie.gif
Since about 10pm last night, stiill no mail today either, western WA schools all closed til further notice. My BATOR however is humming away. Thank Goodness my Hubby filled a 5 gallon gas can for the generator, it runs for about 3 hours until I have to refill it, so I had to wake up every 3 hours last night to keep my bator running. I had to move all my chukar babies, and pheasants back into the hatching area in my bator, since I have no heat lamps going.

My ducks are p*ssed, they want to come out of the coop & run around. Glad your eggs are on their way! I hope mine doens't arrive here until Sat for delivery! I spent WAY to much on 2 auctions for them not to get to me
he.gif
th.gif
I finally just had to reroute all my extension cords to reach my routers for the internet. Missed you guys
love.gif
. I guess having a two story house with only one phone line kinda sucks. I did howver make coffee with snow
lau.gif

QJ, you're being awfully quiet today. Are your kids feeling ok?

LOL. They were napping and I was taking advantage of it. I put warm water in the pool for the duckies, and then my mom brought me lunch on her lunch break.

The middle one might have a low grade fever, she's a little warm and acting super whiney.

Back
Top Bottom