Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

My grandpa bought a generator the year we had that horrible ice storm. Julie you remember that one? We were out of power for 7 days. So when that was all over he went and bought one and that hasn't happened since. LOL.

It's a big one, about the size of a lawn mower and it's on wheels. Other than that, I don't know anything about it.
If that were to happen again we would all stay with my parents until power was back on.

My grandpa bought a generator the year we had that horrible ice storm. Julie you remember that one? We were out of power for 7 days. So when that was all over he went and bought one and that hasn't happened since. LOL.

It's a big one, about the size of a lawn mower and it's on wheels. Other than that, I don't know anything about it.
If that were to happen again we would all stay with my parents until power was back on.

We had no power for 2 weeks. Between the kerosene heaters, lanterns, fireplace etc, we were nice and toasty warm. Just very very bored.
smile.png
Of course, that was before kids. Being stuck in the house with all the kids and no power for weeks now would be pure torture.

Well, the ducky is officially dead. I carefully poked a little hole at tip of fat end and peeked inside to confirm. Poor thing was full grown too. Hubby is definitely bummed, but hopeful the next set will hatch.

Ah well, I cleaned up the bator, added more vent holes and it is now ready to house the new eggs on a temporary basis while the 2nd set goes into lockdown on Jan. 31st.

We had no power for 2 weeks. Between the kerosene heaters, lanterns, fireplace etc, we were nice and toasty warm. Just very very bored.
smile.png
Of course, that was before kids. Being stuck in the house with all the kids and no power for weeks now would be pure torture.

OH man, You were wanna THOSE... the 2 weekers. Wow. I remember driving to Walmart just to get warm!
I don't know what I would have done with kids. Probably buried myself in the snow.

Well, the ducky is officially dead. I carefully poked a little hole at tip of fat end and peeked inside to confirm. Poor thing was full grown too. Hubby is definitely bummed, but hopeful the next set will hatch.

Ah well, I cleaned up the bator, added more vent holes and it is now ready to house the new eggs on a temporary basis while the 2nd set goes into lockdown on Jan. 31st.

OH Man!! What a bummer. Been there done that. It just SUCKS. :(

Too bad about the duckling. My geese will be hatching around the same time as your current eggs, so we can sit and bite our nails and worry about them together, lol.

Ok People- "Quote" this and add to the list. Here's what I have so far.

QJ
3 Light Sussex (Jan 27th-ish)
4 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (Jan. 27th-ish)

Julie
12 Calls (Feb. 6th-ish)
2 African Geese (Feb. 1st-ish)
Quail (Always)

Critter
3 Buff Orps
Silkies
D'Uccles (all due Saturday)

JZ
13 Surprise Mix Cochins (Jan. 23rd)
5 Blue Laced Jersey Giants (Jan. 24th)
12 Iowa Blues (Jan 27th)
16 Light Bahmas (Jan 27th)
13 WHF Lav Orps (Feb 1)

Last edited:
Ok People- "Quote" this and add to the list. Here's what I have so far.

QJ
3 Light Sussex (Jan 27th-ish)
4 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (Jan. 27th-ish)

Julie
12 Calls (Feb. 6th-ish)
2 African Geese (Feb. 1st-ish)
Quail (Always)

Critter
D'Uccles
Silkies
D'Uccles (all due Saturday)

JZ
13 Surprise Mix Cochins (Jan. 23rd)
5 Blue Laced Jersey Giants (Jan. 24th)
12 Iowa Blues (Jan 27th)
16 Light Bahmas (Jan 27th)
13 WHF Lav Orps (Feb 1)

CR has orps, d'uccles and silkies I think you put duccles twice, lol.
Great job. Wonder how hard it would be to post a calendar with all our dates?

Back
Top Bottom