Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

LoL, yep 1 Khaki drake loving the large green space today. He is afraid of the geese, but settling in. 5 African eggs shipped and gone. We Sebastopols, and African. adding in American geese. Most everything is listed on our website. Adding new pictures around one active 1 yr olds nap schedule.

Shellie

LoL, yep 1 Khaki drake loving the large green space today. He is afraid of the geese, but settling in. 5 African eggs shipped and gone. We Sebastopols, and African. adding in American geese. Most everything is listed on our website. Adding new pictures around one active 1 yr olds nap schedule.

Shellie

Sorry, I PM'd you before I read this. I'm posting around MY one year old's nap schedule. LOL. Stick around our thread! We have great convos here!

Iain, I like your coop! I agree that making an area for future bubs/youn ones is a good plan. Even if for now you just remove the sloping thing (which has not purpose that I can think of) and leave the area free of built in stuff so later you can fence it in when you have babies.

Here are my duck nest boxes. They are made from plastic drums, cut up and screwed to a wooden frame.

Thanks, Cocoa! I will have to show hubby the picture of your set up. It looks great and easily do-able with the coop we have.

Iain, I like your coop! I agree that making an area for future bubs/youn ones is a good plan. Even if for now you just remove the sloping thing (which has not purpose that I can think of) and leave the area free of built in stuff so later you can fence it in when you have babies.

Here are my duck nest boxes. They are made from plastic drums, cut up and screwed to a wooden frame.

OMG you just gave me a great idea. There are 3 of those 55 Gal drums in my "designated area" at my dad's. He said he send them to scrap.. but I could get him to cut them in half for me. They are steel though. But that's okay. Woo Hoo!

OMG you just gave me a great idea. There are 3 of those 55 Gal drums in my "designated area" at my dad's. He said he send them to scrap.. but I could get him to cut them in half for me. They are steel though. But that's okay. Woo Hoo!

Cool! Note the split length of garden hose attached to the cut edge of the drum with cable ties (zip ties). Will be important to do something similar with metal to protect ducks and hands. The ducks like them. 9 out of 10 eggs get laid in the nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom