Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

My goslings & Emu hanging out !

You know, I'm almost hoping to run out of feed so I can come meet those emu babies and see what you hatched out of the eggs I brought you!
It helps that they are staggered hatches... with everyone laying I get 20 - 25 eggs a week
big_smile.png
. so when/if the boys all get it right Jerry will have a week to find buyers before the next round hatches
lau.gif
LOL. I thought I had hatches staggered enough, but I'm having a heck of a time with people backing out the day before they're supposed to fetch their babies. Hopefully the other three people I have scheduled for tomorrow show up to get their babies. I do not want to raise 31 ducklings to adulthood.

Hi Bakin!

Awesome incubator psue.

Those emu babies sure are cool looking.

Utah, I'm really curious to see what I get next Ancona hatch, too. I'm trying to figure out of one of my drakes is lilac or silver. Was still expecting some blacks, though, with the black ducks.

Last edited:
I was expecting more black, too, since one of my girls is a heavily marked b/w. I have a couple more hatching today/tomorrow and plan to set another 4-5 tomorrow, so we'll see what I get next. I just hatched a silver appleyard/ancona cross that is surprisingly cool looking, too. I'll take a pic when he is fluffed up and out of the incubator. Right now, he's cheering the other eggs on.

Got a pic of your drake? When is your next hatch?

Hi Bakin!

Awesome incubator psue.

Utah, I'm really curious to see what I get next Ancona hatch, too. I'm trying to figure out of one of my drakes is lilac or silver. Was still expecting some blacks, though, with the black ducks.

:frow

I was expecting more black, too, since one of my girls is a heavily marked b/w.  I have a couple more hatching today/tomorrow and plan to set another 4-5 tomorrow, so we'll see what I get next.  I just hatched a silver appleyard/ancona cross that is surprisingly cool looking, too.  I'll take a pic when he is fluffed up and out of the incubator. Right now, he's cheering the other eggs on. 

Got a pic of your drake?  When is your next hatch?

Just set 13 more eggs a couple of hours ago from QJ and I am going to stuff a few maran eggs in tomorrow :)

Hi girls!

I have two saddleback sebbies hatching right now in the bator. I sat 15 sebbie and buff Toulouse eggs on Thursday. I will be sitting all the African eggs, and another passle of Java chicken and midget white turkey eggs and maybe duck tomorrow when the goslings are done. They are unzipping now.

How is everyone.

Hi Bakin!

Awesome incubator psue.

Quote:
I was expecting more black, too, since one of my girls is a heavily marked b/w. I have a couple more hatching today/tomorrow and plan to set another 4-5 tomorrow, so we'll see what I get next. I just hatched a silver appleyard/ancona cross that is surprisingly cool looking, too. I'll take a pic when he is fluffed up and out of the incubator. Right now, he's cheering the other eggs on.

Got a pic of your drake? When is your next hatch?
Anacona folks: what color do you call the yellow and grey ducklings? Silver, lavender?
frow.gif

Just set 13 more eggs a couple of hours ago from QJ and I am going to stuff a few maran eggs in tomorrow
smile.png
My QJ eggs are doing pretty darn good. Had to toss a couple that were obviously scrambled, but they're definitely trying to grow.

I just re-crammed my bators. Tossed no-go's and put in 11 saxony and the remaining 5 chicken eggs I had hanging around. Also set some Pilgrim Goose eggs for a friend.
Hi girls!

I have two saddleback sebbies hatching right now in the bator. I sat 15 sebbie and buff Toulouse eggs on Thursday. I will be sitting all the African eggs, and another passle of Java chicken and midget white turkey eggs and maybe duck tomorrow when the goslings are done. They are unzipping now.

How is everyone.
Nice. I have two Poms in my hatcher right now.

I'm doing pretty well. Nine less ducklings in my hatching room. Nice to have less mouths to feed. Wish I had even fewer mouths to feed, but I'm getting stood up by customers left and right. Today's the best day we've had in weeks!

The feed store girl's getting antsy about picking up some goslings. Told her I couldn't just give her partially hatched eggs.
lau.gif

I had four baby Campbell ducklings hatch today and two more have external pips. They should hatch tonight. They are so cute. This is my first successful hatch. They are so cute.

Well, I have no self control. Went into TSC today, and all they had left were five black swedish ducklings. One of my first pet drakes, the ducks that got me into poultry, was a black swedish. So here I am with more ducklings. And I was doing so well!

Last edited:
Quote:
Anacona folks: what color do you call the yellow and grey ducklings? Silver, lavender?
My QJ eggs are doing pretty darn good. Had to toss a couple that were obviously scrambled, but they're definitely trying to grow.

I just re-crammed my bators. Tossed no-go's and put in 11 saxony and the remaining 5 chicken eggs I had hanging around. Also set some Pilgrim Goose eggs for a friend.
Nice. I have two Poms in my hatcher right now.

I'm doing pretty well. Nine less ducklings in my hatching room. Nice to have less mouths to feed. Wish I had even fewer mouths to feed, but I'm getting stood up by customers left and right. Today's the best day we've had in weeks!

The feed store girl's getting antsy about picking up some goslings. Told her I couldn't just give her partially hatched eggs.
lau.gif

Usually lavenders and silvers will appear as solid yellow ducklings. The ones that have grey as babies are mostly likely blue. Speaking of which, I hatched another solid yellow ancona baby last night with 1-2 more on the way today.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom