Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hi all, It has been a while sinice I posted here.

I had a 4h kid show a market pen (2) toads at the county fair. She took second with them. The judge was extremely impressed with the size of the birds and the mobility they had. He had never seen such a large bird able to move with such ease.

He said he would have given her first, but the two of them were 2 pounds different in weight. I have a 4H er showing some at a fair next week. they are only 1 pound different in weight and the owners are spending the week trying to get the weights closer.

I saw a person in TSC today and he asked if I had meat birds and what kind I had. When I told him I had toads. He got all excited and said he saw them at the fair for the first time. He had never seen such big meat birds and was wondering which hatchery I got them from.

He is coming out this week to look at them... .Toads are becoming known!!

I had a 4h kid show a market pen (2) toads at the county fair. She took second with them. The judge was extremely impressed with the size of the birds and the mobility they had. He had never seen such a large bird able to move with such ease.

He said he would have given her first, but the two of them were 2 pounds different in weight. I have a 4H er showing some at a fair next week. they are only 1 pound different in weight and the owners are spending the week trying to get the weights closer.

I saw a person in TSC today and he asked if I had meat birds and what kind I had. When I told him I had toads. He got all excited and said he saw them at the fair for the first time. He had never seen such big meat birds and was wondering which hatchery I got them from.

:celebrate...GO TOADS!!

go toads!
The rainbow you used, was it from TSC?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rainbow-live-chicken

Hey all.

Just letting you all know I have toad eggs in the incubator. 76 of them, I hope to get a hatch of 30 :fl..

I think I still have a buy/sell ad active. I will check and see if not I will make one. These guys are unspoken for, they should hact 10-12th. One can never be sure.

No matter what they will be able to be shipped the week of the 11th. I have a short window in the fall I can ship chicks. Good time for you southerners.

Also if you are close enough for pick up here I have some adults or POL pullets to get rid of.

Your hatch timing will work out perfect for me. Can you please share the purchase link? I am very passionate about what you are doing!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom