Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Additionally, those are not tapeworm eggs in that video. Those are tapeworm segments that work their way onto and into the soil where they release hundreds of tapeworm eggs to be eaten by earthworms, ants, grasshoppers, flies and any other hungry insect that comes along.

Tapeworms are jerks.

MrsB

Quote:
Yup. They are a real pain in the neck. If I knew I couldnt get rid of them using wormers, I'd probably would have culled my birds instead...but that wouldve been fruitless. Birds ARE going to eat insects no matter what, that's what they do. I'm just grateful that there ARE wormers out there to kill tapes.

So, without costly vet bills for testing, is there a way to wipe out all worms? Maybe Valbazen, or Safeguard X5 days, then once, again on the 10th day?
Okay maybe I did it wrong hopefully Kathy or Dawg will say but when I used the safe guard for 5 days I didn't worm again in 10 days.

Last edited:
The amount I use to treat the most worms possible is 0.5 cc per 2.2 pounds by mouth for five consecutive days. This will treat roundworms, cecal worms, gape worms, capillary worms and it *might* treat some species of tapeworms.

If treating for just roundworms and cecal worms I use the same amount, but for just one day instead of five. This one I repeat in ten days.

Jersey Giant Hen - 2.3cc
Rhode Island Red Hen - 1.5cc
Cochin Bantam - 0.5cc
Small Old English Game Bantam - 0.25cc

The amount I aim for is about 0.23 cc per pound.

-Kathy
Safe to keep eggs or you toss them using this one? Reading and learning.

I am reading the dosage panel on my Safeguard (for Goats) bottle.

Body Weight Amount
25 lb .6 ml
50 lb 1.2 ml
75 lb 1.7 ml
100 lb 2.3 ml
125 lb 2.9 ml

On a dosage syringe cc and/or ml are the same.

Originally Posted by casportpony

The amount I use to treat the most worms possible is 0.5 cc per 2.2 pounds by mouth for five consecutive days. This will treat roundworms, cecal worms, gape worms, capillary worms and it *might* treat some species of tapeworms.

If treating for just roundworms and cecal worms I use the same amount, but for just one day instead of five. This one I repeat in ten days.

Jersey Giant Hen - 2.3cc
Rhode Island Red Hen - 1.5cc
Cochin Bantam - 0.5cc
Small Old English Game Bantam - 0.25cc

The amount I aim for is about 0.23 cc per pound.

-Kathy

If .6 cc/ml will treat a 25 pound goat, isn't 2.3 cc, which is the recommended dose for a 100 pound animal, way too excessive for a chicken? Did you mean .05 cc per 2.2 pounds? Were you referring to Valbazen dosage, not Safeguard (for Goats)?

Back
Top Bottom