Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

My girls have always been wormed with "natural wormers" what do I need to do? Should I worm them to get rid of round worms, then do the valbazen or just go on and take all of the little suckers out?

Last edited:
Going with that Safeguard mash method, but math's not my strong point, either. How would I guesstimate the weight of my flock? Let's see: 3 fat australorps, 3 fatter speckled Sussex, 4 normal-sized ameraucanas (1 in a cage on eggs), 2 small-looking cream legbar, 1 slightly bigger cream legbar rooster, 1 welsummer, 2 scrawny-looking white leghorns, 1 barred rock , 2 smallish EEs, 1 little bantam and 7 barely-over-a-month-old CCL chicks.

My Brahma hen weighs 8lb. so she will get .8ml X 8 I am very confused with these mils. Sorry math is not my forte.

*Valbazen* dose for *one* 8 pound hen is 0.64ml (0.08ml x 8 pounds = 0.64 ml). Important to remember that the Valbazen dose for most chickens will be under 0.75ml. Give once and repeat in ten days.

Again, with Valbazen, a 30 pound goose or turkey would get 2.4ml.

-Kathy

Going with that Safeguard mash method, but math's not my strong point, either. How would I guesstimate the weight of my flock? Let's see: 3 fat australorps, 3 fatter speckled Sussex, 4 normal-sized ameraucanas (1 in a cage on eggs), 2 small-looking cream legbar, 1 slightly bigger cream legbar rooster, 1 welsummer, 2 scrawny-looking white leghorns, 1 barred rock , 2 smallish EEs, 1 little bantam and 7 barely-over-a-month-old CCL chicks.

You need to look up the weight of each breed.

-Kathy

For example, I just looked up Australorps and the wiki page said the hens weigh 5-7 pounds. You say your hens are fat, so assume they are 7 pounds each. 3 fat hens time 7 pounds = 21 pounds.

-Kathy

Sussex it says weigh 7 pounds, so you have to guess, are they 7 or heavier? Mabybe go with 8 pounds. 3 fat Sussex times 8 pounds is 24 pounds. Repeat until done, then add all the numbers. So far you're up to 21 + 24 = 45 pounds. Make sense?

-Kathy

4 ameraucanas at 5.5 pounds = 22 pounds
2 small legbars at 5 pounds = 10 pounds
1 larger legbar rooster at 6.5 pounds = 6.5 pounds

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom