Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Sorry about the double-post. Kathy, I think, had asked how or do I know if my chickens have worms. I didn't, actually, but then I found this today. Is this a roundworm?

Anyone know how to make that safeguard mash?

Mississippi State University Extension Service recommends it for 1 day. I would do it for 3 and make sure they are all eating.
1 oz Safe-guard per 15-20 lbs of feed​
Dissolve the fenbendazole product in one cup of water. Mix this solution well into the feed and give to the birds as their only feed source for 3 days. When completely consumed, untreated feed can be given. Be sure that the commercial medication contains 10% fenbendazole.

I haven't finished you list yet...

4 ameraucanas at 5.5 pounds = 22 pounds
2 small legbars at 5 pounds = 10 pounds
1 larger legbar rooster at 6.5 pounds = 6.5 pounds

Those will need 8.75ml in an amount of food that they will eat in one day. I will work on the rest for you.

In the meantime, make them a mash out of their crumbles or pellets and figure out how much they will eat in one day. Make sense?

-Kathy

I haven't finished you list yet...

4 ameraucanas at 5.5 pounds = 22 pounds
2 small legbars at 5 pounds = 10 pounds
1 larger legbar rooster at 6.5 pounds = 6.5 pounds

Those will need 8.75ml in an amount of food that they will eat in one day. I will work on the rest for you.

In the meantime, make them a mash out of their crumbles or pellets and figure out how much they will eat in one day. Make sense?

-Kathy
Sort of. The flock all mingles together, so they eat together, too.

3 fat australorps - 21 pounds
3 fatter speckled Sussex - 24 pounds
4 normal-sized ameraucanas (1 in a cage on eggs) - 24 pounds
2 small-looking cream legbar - 10 pounds
1 slightly bigger cream legbar rooster - 6.5 pounds
1 welsummer - 5.5 pounds
2 scrawny-looking white leghorns - 8 pounds
1 barred rock - 7 pounds
2 smallish EEs 8 pounds
1 little bantam - 1 pound
7 barely-over-a-month-old CCL chicks - 2 pounds

If I did the math correctly, that's 117 pounds, so you need 27ml in an amount of food that they will eat in one feeding. Go ahead and round that up to 30ml, which is two tablespoons.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Then give that amount five days in a row or you won't treat capillary worms.
big_smile.png
I'm going to ask @KsKingBee to give you some pointers, 'cause he's a pro when it come to making mashes with medication.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom