Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Quote: Then do them orally.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

How do you get the chicken's mouth that wide open? Mine always clamp their beaks shut and wiggle like I'm trying to break their necks.

Looks like roundworm to me
Okay, then they definitely have roundworms. Don't know about any of the other worms. What's Safeguard liquid goat wormer kill in chickens, anyway? It's the 10% suspension. Can't spell that long word...fen...something-or-other.

Quote: Given five days in a row it will kill roundworms, cecal worms, gapeworms, capillary worms and possible some species of tapeworms. Round worms and tapeworms are the two that are large enough to be seen, the others are too small. Best to Give the wormer for five days and be sure you got all worms.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Given five days in a row it will kill roundworms, cecal worms, gapeworms, capillary worms and possible some species of tapeworms. Round worms and tapeworms are the two that are large enough to be seen, the others are too small. Best to Give the wormer for five days and be sure you got all worms.

-Kathy

That's why I don't use Safe-guard.

Quote: Yeah, it's a pain. There is one study that showed giving one massive dose was quite effective against capillary worms, but it is massive, lol. When I have one that I might not be able to treat five days in a row, I give 0.45ml per pound.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom