Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Can someone point me to a good thread about treating chickens for mites and/or lice. My brooding bantam has what I think a bad case of scaly leg, and I saw tiny crawling dots on a roost.

Many people say 14 days from the last dose.

-Kathy

That is what is recommended by numerous articles on benzamidazoles in relation to chickens. I've eaten eggs within a week after worming with Fenbendazole or Albendazole and never had a problem, or noticed a taste difference. That's just me though.

Last edited:
Redosed with the proper amount. Sorry I was so dense and thanks again for your help and patience.

I mixed the liquid with two bananas, milk and some birthday cake mashed up. I distributed it between 3 bowls and made sure they all had at least some. It's hard to know who got what and I'm quite sure the rooster got least even though he's the biggest. He likes to patrol while the girls partake. :)

Redosed with the proper amount. Sorry I was so dense and thanks again for your help and patience.

I mixed the liquid with two bananas, milk and some birthday cake mashed up. I distributed it between 3 bowls and made sure they all had at least some. It's hard to know who got what and I'm quite sure the rooster got least even though he's the biggest. He likes to patrol while the girls partake.
smile.png
Glad you got it sorted!

-Kathy

Can someone point me to a good thread about treating chickens for mites and/or lice. My brooding bantam has what I think a bad case of scaly leg, and I saw tiny crawling dots on a roost.

Purchase Nu Stock at your feed store, it should be in the equine section. Shake it well and apply it to your banty's legs and roosts. I recommend that you wear disposable gloves while applying it.

The Table at the bottom of the link provides lice/mite treatment options if you so desire. If you were to purchase one of the products, simply follow label directions. Personally I prefer sevin dust to dust my birds and treat inside the hen house and nests.

The bantam with scaly leg is sitting on eggs. Are treatments safe for eggs?

Back
Top Bottom