Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Eduardo, if you have nothing else to offer besides blathering that chemical wormers aren't safe for any use ever and DE is an effective wormer, I am fairly satisfied that we have done more than enough to quell your concerns and provided enough scientific documentation to show that you. are. wrong. Deal with it.

If you MUST continue, you are more than welcome to do so.... But in the interest of keeping the peace in here, I offer this bit of friendly internet advice to my fellow "irresponsible" flock owners.

Happy Wednesday, everyone! :D

MrsB

PS - If you're wondering how dangerous it is to ingest silicia (80-90% of DE), I'd love to point you to THIS science.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23046978

Quote:
En otros palabras, es muuuy mal! :)

Last edited:
Houston, I think we have a problem. I had just shoveled out the broody coop and DW called me back in to see this.
ep.gif

Looks like the broodies need to be wormed?, they look and act fine, but this is bad.

The 2 x 4 is for size compareson.

Fecal test found both cecal and roundworm eggs.

-Kathy

I read somewhere that its recommended you don't feed your chickens before and after deworming for a certain period of time, but I can't remember how long that was (?). I am getting ready to use the Trifen-Plus tablets specifically if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Great thread. Does anyone know what kind of worm this is and how it should be treated? Is it possible it came from flies in the coop and not the chickens? I've looked up all of the worms listed and can't find anything that looks like these. Thank you!

Great thread. Does anyone know what kind of worm this is and how it should be treated? Is it possible it came from flies in the coop and not the chickens? I've looked up all of the worms listed and can't find anything that looks like these. Thank you!

How long is it?

-Kathy

I should mention the poop is not fresh. I found these while cleaning the coop. Could be a little more than a week but not much more.

Back
Top Bottom