Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

This occured awhile back: I had read that vanilla Christmas tree car deodorizers which are hung from the rear view mirror in a car deters flies in chicken pens/coops. I went and bought a pack at our local auto parts store and hung them around the coop. Sure enough they seemed to work well. You can give it a try if you wish.

I may try some of those. Good for the car too. I'm not a big fan of vanilla though, but like the green apple and blackberry clove. Perhaps something similar with citronella would also be effective. The coops never get too many flies since I pick up under roosts each morning. It is outside, in those shady areas during the Summer, where they seem to loiter.

First time ever worming chickens. 1 years old plus. Safegaurd liquid - dosage according to the suggestions from this Forum. Oral administration.

Yesterday was the first dose (1 of 5), I cleaned the poop this morning and wondering If I will see any pooped out worms?

I read on this threat about withholding food for 24 hours and was not aware of that either.

We dosed them in the morning yesterday, but will have to dose at night since DH is working and can only help me at night.

Sometimes you might see roundworms, but often they are just digested... Other worms, like cecal, gapes and capillary are too small to see.

-Kathy

I recommend Safeguard or Valbazen. Valbazen is probably the best, but, it is not available locally here. So, I use Safeguard for 5 days in a row. If I had a huge flock, I would go to the trouble of ordering Valbazen off the internet.

If you live in another country than the USA, I don't know what wormer to recommend.

Back
Top Bottom