Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Valbazen is available in smaller bottles. But, it still very expensive. However one dose of Valbazen treats all worms. Safeguard requires 5 consecutive days of dosing to kill all worms.

I only worm when I see signs of symptoms of worms. My hens have to be kept in their coop all of the time. They never free range.

Valbazen is available in smaller bottles. But, it still very expensive. However one dose of Valbazen treats all worms. Safeguard requires 5 consecutive days of dosing to kill all worms.

I only worm when I see signs of symptoms of worms. My hens have to be kept in their coop all of the time. They never free range.

I'm going under the assumption that all animals get parasites and by the time you actually see evidence in the poop that's because they are infested.

Since I'm using safegard next time I need to use Valbazen? I will need to go back and read the dosage for Valbazen.

After 50 years of raising chickens, I feel confident in my ability to recognize when a problem is starting in my flock.

I would not recommend someone that is new at having using my method. I also examine a chicken who is acting a little bit off IMMEDIATELY. I do not wait a week to see if the chicken will get better by itself.

After 50 years of raising chickens, I feel confident in my ability to recognize when a problem is starting in my flock.

I would not recommend someone that is new at having using my method. I also examine a chicken who is acting a little bit off IMMEDIATELY. I do not wait a week to see if the chicken will get better by itself.
Sadly most people don't recognize the symptoms or worse, ignore them and hope the bird will get better.

-Kathy

I've been having issues with the chickens laying soft shell / soft spots / incomplete closure at tip /

One has vent gleet, with white discharge and diarrhea, have probiotics, electrolytes, vitamins in water for over a week.

We've opened more ventilation in the coop and expanded the run. We have 9 chickens.

Oyster shell, Layer Feed, Just started offering Alfalfa hay. They get oats and boss for scratch. They get to to to a bigger fenced off lot for a few hours a day. IDK what else to do.

The first thing I do when having problems in the flock? Worming them and checking for live and mites usually fixes most problems. Make sure their treats are less than 20% of their diet so the protein level in in their diet is sufficient. How much protein is in their feed?

16% layer crumble.

I did notice in spring there was a semi molt going on with the flock and I also noticed some scaley leg mites. We kept checking for lice or feather mites and they are clean.

I've sprayed the roosts (neem) cleaned out the nest boxes. I 've changed feeds from H & H layer crumble because they were only eating the seeds and wasting pellets on the ground, pulverizing the pellets in to powder and wouldn't eat it. I think the new brand is Leyena. I was spending a lot of money and they were wasting and shell problems. The last bag before Leyena was Feather Raiser and it was 18% I think.

Back
Top Bottom