Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

The chickens have lice. I could not really see them but when we bathed the white leghorn we could actually see them I started another threat to keep this one about worming. Need your advice please.

I just finished dose 5 of Safegaurd Wormer for my chickens. I will wait 10 days and do the 5 day dosing again? Or

in 10 day should I use Valbazen and dose them ONE time and wait 14 days for eggs?

Last edited:
I just finished dose 5 of Safegaurd Wormer for my chickens. I will wait 10 days and do the 5 day dosing again? Or

in 10 day should I use Valbazen and dose them ONE time and wait 14 days for eggs?
I'm not sure @casportpony can say for sure but I think when you do the 5 days you don't dose again. Valbazen because you only do it once you do dose again in 10 days.

I'm not sure @casportpony can say for sure but I think when you do the 5 days you don't dose again. Valbazen because you only do it once you do dose again in 10 days

I thought that when you use Safegaurd you repeat dosing in 10 days, I assumed you do the 5 day dose again and wait 14 days for eggs

and

If I would have used Valbazen it's only 1 dose then wait 10 days and then 1 dose and wait 14 days for eggs?

I'm confused, can you tell? This is a long time to wait for eggs.

I thought that when you use Safegaurd you repeat dosing in 10 days, I assumed you do the 5 day dose again and wait 14 days for eggs

and

If I would have used Valbazen it's only 1 dose then wait 10 days and then 1 dose and wait 14 days for eggs?

I'm confused, can you tell? This is a long time to wait for eggs.
Lets wait for @casportpony now I am confused lol

All published info I have found makes no mention of repeating the 5 day dose in ten days, but twice I have read posts where vets have told people to repeat the five day dose.

-Kathy

Valbazen is used once and repeated in 10 days. This will treat roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms, possibly some species of tapes, but it will not treat gapes. Gapes require three days, I think.

-Kathy

I could switch from Safegaurd to Valbazen though?

I gave safegaurd for 5 days straight. now I'm waiting 10 days to give a next dose and I was wondering If i could just switch to Valbazen now?

If you really want to redose in ten days, I think you could use the one day dose of Valbazen. FWIW, I just give Safeguard for five days, nothing else. When I use Safeguard just once to treat round worms and cecal worms, I repeat in 10 days.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom