Topic of the Week - What do you do with all those eggs?

I've never heard of freezing eggs before. Please explain in more detail.

Here's a thread on the topic: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/732187/freezing-eggs/0_30

I threw some intact (in the shell) eggs into the freezer once. They cracked during the freezing process, but they were fine once I thawed them and they fried up o.k. (If you try this, don't do what my friend did in post #4 in the above linked thread - let them thaw first)

Most people take them out of the shell first when freezing.

One of my family members has a food dehydrator so I'm actually thinking of trying my hand at making dehydrated scrambled eggs then putting them into freezer Ziploc bags seeing how it's easier to transport frozen eggs when you're camping especially if it's backwoods camping than it is to transport fresh eggs.

Hmm, well... deviled eggs, egg salad, cheese & egg baguette boats, migas, baked Denver omelets, shakshuka. I used to be a vegetarian and still like making vegetarian meals so this is a great way to get my husband to eat vegetarian without complaint.

If my dogs have upset tummies I used to give them rice and ground beef as a bland meal, now it's scrambled eggs.

Shells get crushed up and mixed into garden beds and potting soil.

Breakfast, supper, salads,bread,pasta,pickled. Too many desserts
1f600.png
. Two dozen are going in the incubator when the last duck hatches. And we have a couple of neighbors that come down from the city that love them.

Yo! .. Feathered freeloaders mooching around in the back garden, come check this out!

Yet another Topic of the Week on which I have no input because I buy eggs to scramble and feed back to you!

After I have served your breakfast, if you have time between dust bathing, sunbaking and generally enjoying your vacation, you might want to consider coming up with a way to convince me that you really are chickens!

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom