Toulouse Geese Thread

I am trying to buy a goose that is brown and has an orange beak and orange feet. I believe it is called a
Toulouse Goose and the one I want has to be a male. Are the males white or the same as female above mentioned? I live in a neighborhood with geese flying in all the time, I believe they are Canadians. One female Toulouse goose has no male to fertilize her eggs. She has laid eggs this season and none hatched. One season she laid 12 eggs and only one hatched and it was a Canadian goose with black beak and feet.
Do you know where I can get a male Toulouse goose? email me @ dburnsloves@aol.com
The Toulouse goose is often referred to as The Big Grey Goose...because they are grey with white. If you are looking for a brown goose there are several breeds but from your post you might be looking for a Pilgrim goose. They are brown (females) and the males are white.

I am trying to buy a goose that is brown and has an orange beak and orange feet. I believe it is called a
Toulouse Goose and the one I want has to be a male. Are the males white or the same as female above mentioned? I live in a neighborhood with geese flying in all the time, I believe they are Canadians. One female Toulouse goose has no male to fertilize her eggs. She has laid eggs this season and none hatched. One season she laid 12 eggs and only one hatched and it was a Canadian goose with black beak and feet.
Do you know where I can get a male Toulouse goose? email me @ dburnsloves@aol.com
Hi. Toulouse look the same, pretty well, males and females. (the breeds where males are white and females coloured are auto-sexing, toulouse aren´t.) You could go the sales thread to see if anyone has a gander for you. Or just post that you´re looking for a gander. Toulouse aren´t too difficult to find. Or, come to that, any breed if you don´t mind cross-breeding. Except Canadas, of course.
big_smile.png

Edited to say; Just thought, you could always get some goslings for her to raise. It takes a little while for her to get used to them sometimes, but most times geese just love to adopt.

Last edited:
Greetings from an Okie with Toulouse. I'm trying to find information about a wing problem. I have six goslings, and one has developed (or had and I wasn't aware of it) a wing tip that does not lay flat (far right). When the wings are spread, both sides look completely normal. When the wings are tucked, the left wing tip flips all the way around. Is this congenital? Is it possible that it's an injury? I've had chickens for years, but this is my first experience with geese. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greetings from an Okie with Toulouse. I'm trying to find information about a wing problem. I have six goslings, and one has developed (or had and I wasn't aware of it) a wing tip that does not lay flat (far right). When the wings are spread, both sides look completely normal. When the wings are tucked, the left wing tip flips all the way around. Is this congenital? Is it possible that it's an injury? I've had chickens for years, but this is my first experience with geese. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks like the beginning of angel wing, and maybe able to fix it if you do it now. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...how-we-wrap-to-mend-it-pictorial#post_8682154

Yep, angel wing. Get some vetwrap, or even bandaging and some tape, and tuck the feathers up under the wing where they should be, then bandage or wrap them in place by wrapping around the sturdier part of the wing. It may be a bit late to correct, but you can always try it. Don´t have it too tight, but do it tight enough not to slip off and hold the feathers in place, leave it like that for at least 5 days. Take it off, see how it goes. If it´s still flopping, try it again. I hope it works. Beautiful goslings, btw.

Looks like the beginning of angel wing, and maybe able to fix it if you do it now. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...how-we-wrap-to-mend-it-pictorial#post_8682154
Thanks for the link. Please correct me if I'm wrong: it looks like I need to put the wing in its proper position, wrap it to keep it immobile, and then secure the wing to the gosling's side. Is that right? Is it okay to let the gosling have some pond time if the wing is wrapped?

Yep, angel wing. Get some vetwrap, or even bandaging and some tape, and tuck the feathers up under the wing where they should be, then bandage or wrap them in place by wrapping around the sturdier part of the wing. It may be a bit late to correct, but you can always try it. Don´t have it too tight, but do it tight enough not to slip off and hold the feathers in place, leave it like that for at least 5 days. Take it off, see how it goes. If it´s still flopping, try it again. I hope it works. Beautiful goslings, btw.

Thank you! I'll get some vet wrap tomorrow and doctor my gosling.

Thanks for the link. Please correct me if I'm wrong: it looks like I need to put the wing in its proper position, wrap it to keep it immobile, and then secure the wing to the gosling's side. Is that right? Is it okay to let the gosling have some pond time if the wing is wrapped?

Thank you! I'll get some vet wrap tomorrow and doctor my gosling.
They can do everything normally. I didn´t secure the wing to the goslings´ side, left the wing to be like an arm. did this with 4 of them so far, and all ok.

Last edited:
They can do everything normally. I didn´t secure the wing to the goslings´ side, left the wing to be like an arm. did this with 4 of them so far, and all ok.
Thank you. I appreciate the quick response and the knowledgable answers. I'll post a picture of my gosling after I get the wing wrapped.

There must have been a run on vetwrap. I tried three stores before I found this turquoise wrap. My gosling didn't complain when I wrapped the wing the first time. I only wrapped the end, though, and she pulled that off as soon as she joined the rest of the flock. I gathered her up again, and this time I wrapped the tip in place and then went around the larger part of the wing before cutting the vetwrap. There was a lot of discussion among the goslings as to what this strange creature was, and why it was handing on to one of the goslings. A few tested it by biting it, but since it didn't bite back, they chose to ignore it. I'll check the wing in five days to see if there is any change. Thanks, everybody. I appreciate your help.

There must have been a run on vetwrap. I tried three stores before I found this turquoise wrap. My gosling didn't complain when I wrapped the wing the first time. I only wrapped the end, though, and she pulled that off as soon as she joined the rest of the flock. I gathered her up again, and this time I wrapped the tip in place and then went around the larger part of the wing before cutting the vetwrap. There was a lot of discussion among the goslings as to what this strange creature was, and why it was handing on to one of the goslings. A few tested it by biting it, but since it didn't bite back, they chose to ignore it. I'll check the wing in five days to see if there is any change. Thanks, everybody. I appreciate your help.

yuckyuck.gif
I hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom