Toulouse Geese Thread

Miss Lydia
My thoughts exactly about the dog/ goose relationship.
Now you can see why I felt I was letting her down inan earlier post
1f643.png

I'll keep you posted as we move and continue the journey.
Thank you so much for all.
Looking forward to hearing for you!

Miss Lydia
I was so shocked that it took me a minute to grab phone and video . I didn't see any private parts but the tail sure went down as if to make the deal !!!!

Miss Lydia
I was so shocked that it took me a minute to grab phone and video . I didn't see any private parts but the tail sure went down as if to make the deal !!!!
I see this all the time with my ducks one female will hop on top and act just like the drake all the way to putting her tail down to make contact just like he does.

I never saw this until now @equustears Any new eggs?

Hi there
Yes, I had an egg Friday and 2 eggs today !!
Nice shell on the eggs. No more membrane eggs
1f4a5.png

They have become a bit mean to each other . Remember when I said they didn't look right , it was because they are picking at each other and messing up their beautiful feathers :(

Hi there
Yes, I had an egg Friday and 2 eggs today !!
Nice shell on the eggs. No more membrane eggs
1f4a5.png

They have become a bit mean to each other . Remember when I said they didn't look right , it was because they are picking at each other and messing up their beautiful feathers
sad.png
Hormonal times right now. Nothing really bad though I hope? I am not having this with my geese probably because I have a pair, but my Muscovy's one of my females has been picking on another female to the point I am having to put the bully in time out by herself.
hmm.png

Congrats on the eggs. 2 today wow !!

Glad there is no more membrane eggs.

Hello! I have a young bedding pair. My goose laid 6 good eggs Feb through Mar 4. ALL of her eggs since then have had no shell. I lost count, but it's got to be getting close to 15 shell-less so far. She will be 1year old sround memorial day. Any tips or suggestions? I've added in layer feed (1/2 layer and 1/2 waterfowl) plus started giving them more veggies from the kitchen about 2weeks ago, but still no shells :-( is she maybe still too young?

Hi there Fearnowsh
I have a pair of ladies about same age as yours . They started laying March 7, had a couple beautiful eggs , then 3 no shell. I really don't know what fixed it but
Thanks to this community and a zillion conversations with miss Lydia they are back to regular laying and beautiful eggs.
I am still giving them a mix of layer pellets and Masuri waterfowl - I also added oyster shell mixed with the pellets and available separately ( previously I was offering granite grit) then I started adding nutritional yeast sprinkled over the pellets daily. I cut back on their greens that I was feeding because they were eating the greens and not the pellets and I wanted them to get the nutrition from pellets .
Miss Lydia is awesome and stuck with me . Maybe she'll see your post and help you also .

Back
Top Bottom