Tractor Supply chicks: Breeds?

Probably not. Even hatcheries only offer only offer a 90% sexing guarantee and TSC doesn't sex them, so... My local TSC doesn't even offer to replace chicks if they die within a day or two of being bought.

What other breeds are there at tracktor supply
My understanding is that it's going to depend store-to-store, and that a store could basically have anything that's on the order form (depending on what that manager chose to get).

https://www.tractorsupply.com/openc...tral/ChickDays2013_Special_Order_Brochure.pdf

As to the Production/Rhode Island Red issue - it could be either, they're both on the order form.

Probably not. Even hatcheries only offer only offer a 90% sexing guarantee and TSC doesn't sex them, so... My local TSC doesn't even offer to replace chicks if they die within a day or two of being bought.

They don't really offer 90% (most of them) - you get the difference after 90% - so for example if you order 100 pullets at $3 each, and straight run chicks are $2.50 - and you get 50 cockerels, you'll get nothing for the first 10 cockerels, and $.50 for the remaining 40 - for a total refund of $20 on your $300 order that they just completely hosed. If you get lucky they'll give you the cockerel price (say $1.75) and you'll get $50 back.

Point is - I'd be astounded if TSC gave you a refund.

Here's Ideal's policy:
Quote:

Last edited:
I called tsc once and asked to speak to whoever was handling the chick sales,and when I asked what breed of chicks they had they told me red ones and yellow ones.

I will definitely be checking feet later! I wouldn't mind a few Australorps. I thought that's what the last one was. I wished I'd gotten more of those.

I wonder if TSC has any sort of guarantee for their chicks/pullets? Particularly since ours is completely locked up and limited to employees only (no customers handling/misplacing). Not sure I will buy from them again. For me, I needed all pullets and I've never had this problem w/ Meyer's. It's just that $$$ shipping.
Take your receipt in and take the chicks you believe are cockerels. They will relocate them to a volunteers home.

Yup, that's about right.

You have to understand that the clerks there are not farm people and for the amount of time they have chicks it's not long enough to know.

Even the signs in front of the bins are not right.

Find out which hatchery they're using, check the web site and expect the most common of chicks and ducks to be sent out.

Generally speaking it's any kind of Xes link, Barred Rocks, White Leghorns , Cornish Rocks and Pekin or Khaki campbell ducks. Never any geeses or other types of foul.

This year it's Townline Hatchery.

You have to understand that the clerks there are not farm people and for the amount of time they have chicks it's not long enough to know.

Even the signs in front of the bins are not right.

Find out which hatchery they're using, check the web site and expect the most common of chicks and ducks to be sent out.

Generally speaking it's any kind of Xes link, Barred Rocks, White Leghorns , Cornish Rocks and Pekin or Khaki campbell ducks. Never any geeses or other types of foul.

This year it's Townline Hatchery.
Way more than just Townline. There's Estes, Privett, Hoover, Ideal, Townline and a handful more. The 6 preselected hatcheries could not keep up with the agreed upon quantities so several more last minute hatcheries were added.

I stopped in TSC last week. They had a bin of: Pullets (no breed guarantee, just female), Bantams (no breeds listed), Ducks (no breeds listed), Cornish X, Barred Rock straight run, and California White (?).

Back
Top Bottom