Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. I'm in Indy, so I got them at a TSC here. I just found the pic of the frizzle. It's on the right.

TSC in Barkhamsted's order form says 25 chick minimum with a limit of two breed or two sex choices.
I don't see why all the rules. Is it not worth it to them to make an order of 4 breeds of 20 total, etc, and ship it along with the rest?
It's all going to the same place....

TSC in Barkhamsted's order form says 25 chick minimum with a limit of two breed or two sex choices.
I don't see why all the rules. Is it not worth it to them to make an order of 4 breeds of 20 total, etc, and ship it along with the rest?
It's all going to the same place....

I agree. I have limited space and was so glad my TSC manager just added mine on to another order. Before I've used My Pet Chicken for small orders, but they always seem to be out of the breeds I'm looking for.

It must be up to the breeders the stores use. I can't imagine why it would be so different store to store otherwise.

Did you know it was a frizzle even at that small?

I think it was more than just two days old when we got it at TSC because it had a few little bent feathers. I think you can see them in the pic. When I posted that photo, people immediately identified it as a Cochin. I don't remember if anyone said frizzle at that point, but the curly, bent feathers were kind of a giveaway to me. I didn't know that when we picked it out. In fact, we tried not to get any with feathered feet because our run gets pretty muddy when it rains, so we have to take extra care to keep them clean. We actually named her "Princess" because she's more high maintenance because of that. She's one of our sweetest hens though, and she's very broody and has kept a lot of our eggs from freezing this winter. We're very happy to have her now.

I hate when they get broody and can't hatch chicks because we don't have the room. It seems so sad to me. She just wants to be a mommy!

Here's another funny name for you. My daughter and a friend named our tiny OEG hen "Shredder" because she was so much smaller than the others. They though if they gave her a tough name, she'd be a tough hen. She's not. :) She's a little sweetie too.

Did you know it was a frizzle even at that small?

Is this any easier to see? The feathers were kind of bent if that makes any sense. I just blew up the last photo, so it's very blurry, but I think you can see the tiny adult feathers on that wings that looked bent.

Is this any easier to see? The feathers were kind of bent if that makes any sense. I just blew up the last photo, so it's very blurry, but I think you can see the tiny adult feathers on that wings that looked bent.

Yikes! Forgot to attach photo. :barnie

I agree. I have limited space and was so glad my TSC manager just added mine on to another order. Before I've used My Pet Chicken for small orders, but they always seem to be out of the breeds I'm looking for.

Those orders should be mailed to your home address.TSC is contracted for those breeds in those amounts. The other alternative is to find a hatchery on your own with the quantities you want.

Back
Top Bottom