Tractor supply ducklings

fostermom55

Songster
7 Years
Jun 10, 2016
I bought 10 Peking ducklings today from Tractor Supply they were only feeding chick starter. They don't stand for long, I feel like they need something to give them a boost. I have given them nutritional yeast along with Manna Pro duckling starter, is there something else I can or should give to help make up their deficiencies? I have them with a heat lamp.

I'd go back to TSC and get Liquid B complex it works so much faster once they are having problems. Here is some good info
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Keep them on the liquid B complex until they are walking good and then a week more then start them back on the Nutritional yeast which they may have to be on for life. I don't have pekins and my adult birds are still on Nutritional yeast. It's so good for them.

I'd go back to TSC and get Liquid B complex it works so much faster once they are having problems. Here is some good info
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Keep them on the liquid B complex until they are walking good and then a week more then start them back on the Nutritional yeast which they may have to be on for life. I don't have pekins and my adult birds are still on Nutritional yeast. It's so good for them.
Durvet is listed as an injectable, would you use it as an oral supplement? I have injectable Vit b1000 supplement I have used for other animals, but it is expired so it might have lost some of its potency. It has been kept in the refrigerator.

Durvet is listed as an injectable, would you use it as an oral supplement? I have injectable Vit b1000 supplement I have used for other animals, but it is expired so it might have lost some of its potency. It has been kept in the refrigerator.
I use an injectable as an oral supplement. You'll want a b complex for ducks so that it absorbs better. I got vita-jec b complex from our local farm store

Back
Top Bottom