Trauma / Injury / Marek's / Bumblefoot??

She sounds like she is sneezing and swallowing some mucus drainage after each sneeze. She could have a virus, but if you see bubbles or foam in either eye or swollen eyelid, MG might be the case. Tylosin can treat symptoms of MG, but not a virus. When my chickens had infectious bronchitis virus, many chickens became symptomatic and it took them about a month to recover and stop sneezing.
I got back Cookie’s autopsy. No Mareks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry your girl is not feeling well :( No to bumblefoot, she has infectious bronchitis a viral infection. Pretty smile and pretty chicken, Ill be praying!

I'm so sorry you lost your girl :( I thought this was a new post

She sounds like she is sneezing and swallowing some mucus drainage after each sneeze. She could have a virus, but if you see bubbles or foam in either eye or swollen eyelid, MG might be the case. Tylosin can treat symptoms of MG, but not a virus. When my chickens had infectious bronchitis virus, many chickens became symptomatic and it took them about a month to recover and stop sneezing.
Cookie was positive for MS, so I am going to treat Carly with Tylosin since she is symptomatic. I finished up day 5 of orally administered safeguard this morning. I have read conflicting information about a second round - what are your thoughts on that since there was parasite overload in cookie? We are going to be out of town the 22-30 so my timetable is a little off right now. If I do a second round it will need to be in 5 days or 18 days. As always, I appreciate your guidance.

Back
Top Bottom