Treating hookworms

What's in it?

-Kathy

It doesn't say. :/ Just says it's organic and antioxidant rich. Also, is the liquid Corid better than the powder?

No harm in trying it, I guess.

I used the liquid because it's easier to give a precise dose and because it easier for me to store. Where did you read that the liquid was better?

-Kathy

I used the liquid because it's easier to give a precise dose and because it easier for me to store. Where did you read that the liquid was better?

-Kathy

I didn't read that it was better...when I said better, that is what I meant....that I was wondering if it was easier to dose.

-Kathy

I didn't read that it was better...when I said better, that is what I meant....that I was wondering if it was easier to dose.

Okay... Sorry, my mistake. I like liquids better than powders and pills because I'm very "funny" about dosing and they are easier to give. The drench info I gave is a good example... If you had the liquid, the drench amount would be 0.02ml per 100 grams.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Okay... Sorry, my mistake. I like liquids better than powders and pills because I'm very "funny" about dosing and they are easier to give. The drench info I gave is a good example... If you had the liquid, the drench amount would be 0.02ml per 100 grams.

-Kathy

No need to be sorry. I didn't word it very clearly. Thank you for your dosages. Once again I greatly appreciate your help!

I weighed and wised everyone individually with Corid today and it is still in their water as well. Most of them are free ranging right now and though they don't seem as energetic as usual I am glad they are up and around. One girl in particular from the new chickens is fairly lethargic today but still energetic to put up a little fight when I medicated her. I cleaned out the coop and sprayed with an ammonia solution while they are all out of the area. The Kocci-Free is supposed to arrive tomorrow so I hope that will help!

I was just sitting out there with them and found mites too. Oh my gosh.....I just can't win. :(

I was just sitting out there with them and found mites too. Oh my gosh.....I just can't win. :(

Quite common to find mites and/or lice on sick birds. Get some poultry dust and apply a little on their vents and under their wings.

-Kathy

After all the trouble, I recommend you very much to give all the chickens that survived,some high quality,foods rich in protein and vitamins, like boiled crushed eggs, or some cod liver canned or fresh, or some dry cat food and add some electrolytes in the drinking water, and you can also add some concentrated extract of vitamins to the chicken feed. This will help them to reduce the levels of Stress they experience, and reduce the likelihood of an outbreak of disease.
Good luck
Benny

After all the trouble, I recommend you very much to give all the chickens that survived,some high quality,foods rich in protein and vitamins, like boiled crushed eggs, or some cod liver canned or fresh, or some dry cat food and add some electrolytes in the drinking water, and you can also add some concentrated extract of vitamins to the chicken feed. This will help them to reduce the levels of Stress they experience, and reduce the likelihood of an outbreak of disease.
Good luck
Benny

Thank you. I have been doing all of that before I was medicating their water. I just picked up some chick starter the other day to mix in with their food. They get scrambled eggs every day and some love them and some don't. I appreciate your suggestions and I will definitely follow up with vitamins and electrolytes.

Back
Top Bottom