Treats for 3 - 4 weeks olds

Butterfly65

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2016
I'm wanting to train my Chickees to come to me, but I'm not sure what kind of special treats to offer them from my hand. They do not like freeze dried meal worms. Are fishing worms OK or are they too young for that? I need something that will make them go nuts so they can all be comfortable around me. Too bad I cant buy a bag of bugs. Fishing crickets from the bait shop maybe? Any suggestions?

Crickets will jump from your hand, but you can usually find waxworms, which my chicks love. Be sure to give them chick-sized grit if you give them anything but their starter crumble.

My girls have always loved oats and berries, particularly cut upblueberries and strawberries. Oatmeal also works, as it's a bit softer. But it varies by chick; I would have a chick taste test- fun for everyone and you an see what exactly each chick prefers :)

My 4 week old babies absolutely love fresh little worms from my garden I feed them right from my hands.. We also hold and talk to them a lot ( my girls and myself.)

Back
Top Bottom