Tripod Update: Pic Pg 21 May try intros today....

Well, I put Tripod in a little container in front of Cacciatore's enclosure so that they could see each other. Cacciatore SCREAMED at Tripod all day long! And I don't mean conversationally, this was bloody-murder-I-don't-like-you-at-all kind of screaming.
roll.png
So now what? If I just keep them within sight of each other for a while will they get used to each other???

yep, keep them like that for a couple weeks, you should see a difference. Just be yourself and not make a big deal out of it and they will pick up on your mood. Give it time. We want tripod to be happy and I really think you are on the right track.

yes, just keep them in sight for a few days. I can't imagine they would like being alone. Usually they like having another chicken around!

I have my Millies in with my big birds, no problems yet! I do have a roo for them, and a big roo for the big girls! My Mille roo suffers from little man syndrome and tries to mate the big girls! They let him try and then go about their day. I have yet to see the big roo mate the millies though. He doesn't seem to care!
I have 3 Millies and 14 big birds!
I hope they will become friends!
I bet they will, just keep trying!
Brenda

I have no intentions of integrating them with the rest of the flock regardless of how well they take to each other. In fact, once I get those two buddied up, I would like to separate out the rest of my bantams from the general flock. We have a lot of heavy breed roosters who routinely mount my itty bitty banty hens. The only real issue is that I have 3 bantam hens, including Cacciatore, Tripod, and two bantam roos, 1 Jap and 1 Banty Cochin. Neither of which do I want to get rid of. So that means three banty hens and one standard to two banty roosters. Not enough hens...

I have a milie hen in with the others and she is doing fine. But I have some other millies growing up right now and I will put them together in a large pen when they are are all grown up.

The one out with the flock free roaming is ok but she doesn't venture out as far as the other and I am afraid of hawks for her.

Back to building another coop I guess.

I just read this whole thread, and by the title I thought it was going to be about someone's 3 chicks. Boy, was I in for a suprise! I LOVE the story of tripod!
love.gif
What a triumph! Keep us posted!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom