Trouble with the neighbor.

Well, I'm not doing anything except to cover my booty.
That could change in an instant if lead starts flying, but right now I'm just sticking with WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED - which isn't much.

I'm not the kind of person to go over and kiss butt to someone who just threatened to kill my animals though. I'll "tolerate" him by not retaliating. I'm certainly not going to be the one to "take this to the next level" but if he does I am more than ready to defend myself.

This man has a dog in his back yard. How do you think he would feel if I went over, knocked on his door and told him that I was going to shoot his dog if it barked at me ever again??? Somehow I doubt he'd be sending me flowers
roll.png

Quote:
Thats right! No way that i would go over there either...

Last edited:
honestly speaking....I think it would depend on the mood I was in when he awoke me...however, keep in mind. you are not home 24/7 and alot can happen when you are not home....that is my biggest worry all the time. at the same time, you can't let ppl. just think they are the bullies. My Grandmother always said, there is a butcher for every bull. don't think you are the bull and you will be fine. I have always found that to be true. I am not the bull...but I am by no means the cow either..and no one is going to run over me or my animals.

Quote:
Doing nothing is a good approach. It sounded like an empty threat anyway. Most reasonable people would not shoot a pet in someone elses back yard. As I said in an earlier post, I'll bet that in his eyes he has now 'bothered' you as he percieves you to have 'bothered' him = even. Don't aggrivate yourself further by thinking of ways to get back at him or speculating about what you would do if he did make good on his threat. Do nothing and go on with your life.

One more point though: don't confuse communicating with an aggressive person and kissing butt. It is quite possible to express yourself in a clear, truthful and non-threatening manner to people that don't know how to do that very thing...

Quote:
I agree... i would invest in a cheap one....

I did last fall and it didn't take pictures (they were nothing but blurry lines, wouldn't even load on my computer) so I took it back.
idunno.gif

Quote:
You dont need to spend a fortune to have a CCTV or live feed. For just over $300 you can have 4 cameras with everything you need - including cables. Here's a link to just 1 of thousands of sites that sell packages. http://www.mycctvcamera.com/

Add
a large hard drive recorder and erase it every few days or so if nothing happens. You can also have them set for motion, so they only start to record when theres movement.

Some neighbors just SUCK! And you're dealing with one of those kinds of neighbors who thinks they own the neighborhood. We chicken people don't mind the sounds of roosters in the morning (I sleep right through it) but some light sleepers like him may have just been really P.O'd that he couldnt get back to sleep and your roosters werent helping the situation. If there's a way to block his view of the pen, I'd do that, and just leave it be, make sure PD knows, that way if they turn up dead he will likely be facing a slew of charges.

What kind of house does he live in that he can hear roosters from a neighbors yard?

I have allot of roo's and they are right here in the yard by my house at night, i can barley hear any of them crow, i have a baby monitor so i can hear whats going on at night, so the guy must have paper thin walls or he's sleeping outside
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom