Trouble with the neighbor.

Quote:
I was kinda wondering that myself. MY house has completely uninsulated walls, and as stated in the first post I frequently sleep with the windows open. I only hear the roos when the windows are open.
I suspect his house is similarly built/insulated as mine and I don't notice them with the windows closed.
hu.gif

Me & My Peeps :

Quote:
You dont need to spend a fortune to have a CCTV or live feed. For just over $300 you can have 4 cameras with everything you need - including cables. Here's a link to just 1 of thousands of sites that sell packages. http://www.mycctvcamera.com/

Add
a large hard drive recorder and erase it every few days or so if nothing happens. You can also have them set for motion, so they only start to record when theres movement.

Thanks for the link i have been looking for something like this.​

you can get good quality Moultrie game cams on ebay for around $100 or less

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com...&_osacat=7301&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

I've had the D40 infer red for over 2 years now and works flawlessly. Takes 1-3 pictures at a time, 5-15 second videos, infered flash so the "game" doesn't get suprised by a white flash, has a SD card slot so you can just swap out memory cards to see whats happened, front display to tell you if the camera has been triggered. Great game cam for the money. I've used it to track deer, pig & goats. Used it to catch kids playing in our yard while we wern't home and even used it to catch a kid stealing eggs from me!!! Video is great to show the parents what little sh*ts their kids are. I even set it up when I go away on vacation just to see what goes on around my house while I'm gone for weeks.

Good luck in dealing with this bad situation, pray for the best and let it blow over, but be prepared for the worse............Cory

While a game camera is nice, it is only a snapshot of a moment in time and can easily be disputed in court. One could even argue the time date stamp on the photo(s). But a 2 minute live feed of him stalking, taking aim, reloading, checking to see if he killed it - is pretty powerful.

I have seen live feed be used very successfully in the past with an employee stealing time and product. He denied that he left the building with product and sat in his car after punching back in from lunch. Previous to that it was peoples word and sworn statements. He was questioned by the police regarding the missing product, denied it, said he was being harassed and even offered to roll over on someone ELSE that was stealing!! Once he demonstrated what piece of S*** he was and willing to get an innocent person fired/arrested, he was shown the video. He then caved in and admitted to it. He started talking so much - trying to stay out of jail that it was discovered that the stealing had been going on for about 5 months LONGER than anyone had thought. He actually admitted on tape, to an amount that was 10 times the amount of theft that was originally thought. He showed how he was able to fool the inventory system and get stuff out the door, which was good for the company.

Also, most pellet guns have barrel rifling and can be matched up to a pellet - much like that of a bullet. Thats quite the expense as most PD's are not going to send that out to be tested/matched when its a chicken involved but it can be done.

Also, CCTV camera's are a lot easier to conceal than a game cam. You can hide a camera in a wall clock if you need to. Game cams are large and are not designed for stealth.

Last edited:
Me & My Peeps :

While a game camera is nice, it is only a snapshot of a moment in time and can easily be disputed in court. One could even argue the time date stamp on the photo(s). But a 2 minute live feed of him stalking, taking aim, reloading, checking to see if he killed it - is pretty powerful.

I have seen live feed be used very successfully in the past with an employee stealing time and product. He denied that he left the building with product and sat in his car after punching back in from lunch. Previous to that it was peoples word and sworn statements. He was questioned by the police regarding the missing product, denied it, said he was being harassed and even offered to roll over on someone ELSE that was stealing!! Once he demonstrated what piece of S*** he was and willing to get an innocent person fired/arrested, he was shown the video. He then caved in and admitted to it. He started talking so much - trying to stay out of jail that it was discovered that the stealing had been going on for about 5 months LONGER than anyone had thought. He actually admitted on tape, to an amount that was 10 times the amount of theft that was originally thought. He showed how he was able to fool the inventory system and get stuff out the door, which was good for the company.

Also, most pellet guns have barrel rifling and can be matched up to a pellet - much like that of a bullet. Thats quite the expense as most PD's are not going to send that out to be tested/matched when its a chicken involved but it can be done.

Also, CCTV camera's are a lot easier to conceal than a game cam. You can hide a camera in a wall clock if you need to. Game cams are large and are not designed for stealth.

I've been told (by police officers investigating neighborhood vandalism) that security cameras can be hidden in LIGHT BULBS.​

I have had to deal with this crud quite a bit I was a zoning inspector for 8 years and youd be amazed what neighbors do... As far as kissin his butt heck no wheres that stop???????? He dont like the swing squeaken at 7 PM so he comes and complains bout your kid etc etc etc on and on... Id leave it alone get some type of camera and be done with it... Now I live in the country so Id definately let any cocky neighbor no hes outgunned... We ran into this awhile back neighbors mean dogs over here bother in the wife pinned her in the barn and wouldnt let her open the door I get home and the neighbor sees no need to lock em up... The next day I hear him yellin for the dog again whose gone missin... Now our dogs stay here if they get close to the property I zap em with the colloar so I expect the same... Well I heard him callen and took advantage of the situation went to the house got my AK 47 out and went to my range (dirt pile in the back 40) and proceded to cut a oil drum in half with 3 30 round clips of ammo in about 2 min.... Neighbor is yellin hes killed the dog and comes a runnin well I killed the oil drum danged dog was a mile away buttttt the point was made and that night a dog kennel showed up at the guys houde and the dog never was loose again and the gentle man next door always says hello Mr and yes sir etc..... Your land is your land and like I said with zoning your view ends with your property..... And if your not doin nothin illegal Id defiantely say nothin too him now if hed come over nice I might have said well they are leavin in 3 weeks to go to the freezer and if hed said OH OK Id have brought him a bird or 2 but hes a jerk...

Well the *choice word* neighbor came back this morning about 6. Didn't knock on the door but he didnt have to, Dusti heard him even though he was just standing in the yard WITH A VIDEO CAMERA!!!! Not exactly sure what he is trying to "prove" here, he said it was for the DA. Pluuuuuease, he obviously doesn't know that without a search warrent the DA can't use anything that he TRESSPASSED on my property to obtain.

DH went out to see what Dusti was barking about and told him to get off our property, and he took his sweet time doing so. I wish we lived in Texas.....
So I called the cops and they went to talk to him. I hope they also told him to stay off our property. Anyway, it seriously interrupted my sleep and now I have to drag my butt to work. ARGH!

Yes, animal control, I want to report a nusience.....no his dog isn't barking, it's him. The neighbor..... *sigh*
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom