TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
I called the local store and they said chicks are coming next week!!! Of course they couldn't tell my anything more than that... I can't wait to see them!!!!! Going silkie hunting :D

Has anyone ever seen Polish show up at theirs? Now that would be nice!

Oh boy, I checked with another fairly local tsc and guess what? Easter Eggers! I thought my husband would object but when I causality mentioned it, he didn't comment. I'm pretty sure lack of objection equals consent. But they are straight run and I sure don't have a clue how to tell them apart. I'm turning into a crazy chicken lady.

Got 6 chicks yeaterday.......I decided to just get a few to get some more eggs hopefully in the 5 months. They were not the breeds I wanted. I got 2 Gold laced wyandottes, 2 RIR, and 2 australorps. The Gold Laced Wyandottes were straight run. I asked if I could feather sex and pick out my 2. She said NO....I asked if there was a way to tell just by the color...she said you can tell but I cant tell you how! I think she gave me a roo. Not happy about that! I think from now on I will just order from the hatchery.

Yeah, our TSC is only a year and a half old or so. Until then I didn't even consider the idea of having chickens in the backyard (as an adult, that is. I begged my mom many a Christmas or birthday for chickens or a potbelly pig
lol.png
I was a strange kid/teen)

We moved into our home last June -apartments before that, and ever since we seem to be constantly doing projects. It first started with our tornado shelter, then we stained our HUGE deck, then built some square foot gardens, then we decided to get animals. Now the projects seem to be piling up. We already built one hoop coop and two brooders, and a rabbit hutch (don't ever build a hutch out of wood for rabbits -bad idea). Now we're in the process of building two more hoop coops, an overhang for the rabbit cages, and we need to put up an electric fence. Oh ya, I need more gardens now that I have rabbits and chickens to feed, I've got 6 fruit bushes that need planting, too many seed packets I've got to start indoors (still don't have enough garden space outside for them), and I can't wait to till up the ground for my sunflower field. I've always been very organized, never taking on too much, until now. I personally think the problem is that I can't get any of these projects done if I'm spending my entire day driving hours to get to Rural King and Tractor Supply to buy baby chicks and sitting here yapping on these forums. I just feel awful. I know what would make me feel all better. MORE chickens!
yesss.gif

Ours started 2 weeks ago in Illinois at TSC and Rural King, they have a little more of a variety used to be just RIR's. Now we have Buff Orphs, RIR, Barred Rocks, White Leghorns, Ameruicanas, black sex links, red sex links, brahamas, a few duck breeds, a few more I am forgetting cause they had about eight containers set up with different breeds.

Back
Top Bottom