TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Just checked with my local TSC (Buffalo,NY areas) they are shipping in last week of Feb or First week in March (depending on the store). Not sure of what breeds , i wish you didnt have to buy 6 at a time :(

Yeah, our TSC is only a year and a half old or so. Until then I didn't even consider the idea of having chickens in the backyard (as an adult, that is. I begged my mom many a Christmas or birthday for chickens or a potbelly pig
lol.png
I was a strange kid/teen)

What fun! For him at least.

My 2 year old runs up to the pen of little pullets and yells, "Hi little chicks!" And then introduces himself. Somehow, they are never as happy to see him as he is to see them.

It's cute now; I suspect the same thing at 16 won't be quite the same.
wink.png
Oh, it might be. My son is always excited to see new chicks and he's a sophomore in HS. He squeals (just like a girl--LOL!) "Oh they're so CUTE!!" and then tries to put a whole one in his mouth.

They just said Mexico. That's all I was given.

Pretty sure they meant NEW Mexico... which is Privett hatchery ... that's where my TSC got theirs from last year... (managed to snag some andaulsians.... the freaking hatcherys don't tell them what they ship 90% of the time (except for their spotlighted breed)

I went to the hatchery website and figured out what most of them were (took until they feathered out for the adalusians though! I only had one with decent lacing though.

Does anyone know what a Cream light brown or light brown dutch look like as a chick (hoping to find one this year if any of my TSC stores get mixed bantams). We also have country max farm stores here but they are only getting the easy to find breeds (and only 6 varieties)

They got bantams in today.

Went there straight after work and only 6 left. I was so lucky.

Any help as to what they may be...

1 looks like my red (earlier posted and identified as a Booted)

4 are like this one (with feathered legs)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the last one (about the same size as a golf ball and NO feather on legs)...

Last edited:
They got bantams in today. Went there straight after work and only 6 left. I was so lucky. Any help as to what they may be... 1 looks like my red (earlier posted and identified as a Booted) 4 are like this one (with feathered legs)... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and the last one (about the same size as a golf ball and NO feather on legs)...
They got bantams in today. Went there straight after work and only 6 left. I was so lucky. Any help as to what they may be... 1 looks like my red (earlier posted and identified as a Booted) 4 are like this one (with feathered legs)... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and the last one (about the same size as a golf ball and NO feather on legs)...
I think you got your d'uccle the one on top looks to be a mille fleur d'uccle chick!

Last edited:
I was at my local store tonight and they had ducks, red stars, Cornish, Silver Wynadottes, Ameracaunas and these beautiful reddish ones (Can't remember the name) they did have some older pullets that were not in great condition that were Cornish... I noticed there were just a few in the bin... some stretched out , some sort of spraddle legged... I noticed a lady and her young son looking at them then joined by a man who looked very "farmer" like. After consulting with his wife and son and taking a look as they pointed he approached the salesperson and told him he would take what he had left of those. I think he was just being humane because I think there was a problem with those sweet babies! They did have a good number and all the rest appeared to be in good condition.... I got the impression they hadn't been there long. The rest were peeping and scurrying around looking well! It was soooo exciting but we aren't quite ready for new babies yet!

Back
Top Bottom