TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Tomorrow two Rural Kings near me get in more chicks. They had a great selection but sold out within a couple of days. They were very spunky and healthy. Next week TSC here we come!

Still haven't figured out one of the breeds it's a yellow chick with white feathers coming in I thought maybe Leghorn but they are as large as if not larger than the rsl dominque ee and buff brahma any thoughts

TS website shows when chick days starts in different states. Got my first 15 CornishX today in Western N.C. They said 02- 20-was week 2 here. Chicks looked pretty good.

Got 6 chicks yeaterday.......I decided to just get a few to get some more eggs hopefully in the 5 months. They were not the breeds I wanted. I got 2 Gold laced wyandottes, 2 RIR, and 2 australorps. The Gold Laced Wyandottes were straight run. I asked if I could feather sex and pick out my 2. She said NO....I asked if there was a way to tell just by the color...she said you can tell but I cant tell you how! I think she gave me a roo. Not happy about that! I think from now on I will just order from the hatchery.

Got 6 chicks yeaterday.......I decided to just get a few to get some more eggs hopefully in the 5 months. They were not the breeds I wanted. I got 2 Gold laced wyandottes, 2 RIR, and 2 australorps.   The Gold Laced Wyandottes were straight run.  I asked if I could feather sex and pick out my 2. She said NO....I asked if there was a way to tell just by the color...she said you can tell but I cant tell you how!  I think she gave me a roo.   Not happy about that!  I think from now on I will just order from the hatchery.

My favorite TSC employee was working yesterday and he hand picked 4 pullets and 2 roos out of the GLW bin. He said the ones with the yellow butt stripes were pullets (think I got that right). He even told me he'd buy any extra roos if he was wrong. He's such a nice guy!

My favorite TSC employee was working yesterday and he hand picked 4 pullets and 2 roos out of the GLW bin. He said the ones with the yellow butt stripes were pullets (think I got that right). He even told me he'd buy any extra roos if he was wrong. He's such a nice guy!

That's one I haven't heard before. Lots of folks claim to be able to sex them by some subtle appearance differences and I'd believe them if they are a breeder who has been working with the same line for a decade. But hatchery chicks from a breed that isn't sexable by chick down color? No way. Fingers crossed for a good number of pullets and that he really will buy back the roosters if you get a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom